Chapter 3 - Uncle Lawrence

You quickly dashed up the driveway and hopped up onto the porch one step at a time before opening the unlocked door of the white home. You start to unzip your jacket as you slide off your shoes. "Lydia! I'm back!" You call out as you throw your jacket onto the coat hanger next to the door.

"Just a second!" She replies through the floorboards from up in the attic. 

You decide to go find her since she was taking her time doing whatever dangerous or dark thing she was probably doing around the big house. You ran to the stairs to look for her.

 As you placed your foot on the first step you could've sworn you heard an unfamiliar voice speak from the attic. What?  You instantly became curious and confused. Lydia never said she was inviting friends over or anything, You didn't really see Lydia as the type to even have friends.

You began to quietly tip-toe up the creaky stairs, your eyes locked on the dusty attic door. 

What's she doing?

You place your foot onto the next wooden step but your foot slips and you lose your balance quickly, falling backward. 

Shit.

You could already feel yourself breaking plenty of bones on impact. You clench your eyes shut tight as you prepare for the painful landing that awaits you.

Yet you felt something cold catch you.

You felt someone cold catch you.

"Hiya Babes," He smirked, "Don't go falling for me that quickly."

You open your eyes to find yourself being held in the arms of the man that caught you. You were still startled from the fall as you stared perplexed at him as your heart races with adrenaline that pounds through your veins.

You look down as you notice his hand had a loosely cupped grip on your ass. You look back at him with a raised eyebrow, "Um do you mind? you're touching my ass."

"Actually, I was firmly grasping it," He snickers as he lets go which makes you give him an annoyed glare. "Sorry, sorry! couldn't help myself," He gives an apologetic goofy smirk as he helped you to your feet before scratching the back of his neck, his other hand on your shoulder keeping you a balance. 

You get a better look at him now that you are standing upright. He was taller than you and wore only a thin striped dress shirt and boxer shorts over his dad bod. It wasn't until you looked at his green hair that you recognized who he was.

"Oh, you're Lydia's uncle right?" You ask him.

a grin forms on his face. "Yup, Lawrence B. Shoggoth, a pleasure to meetcha, miss...?" He smiles as he holds out his hand as a gesture for you to introduce yourself.

"Y/N. Y/N L/N," You tell him. You hold out your hand for him to shake yet he simply takes it and plants a simple frosty kiss on the roof of your hand. You smile a bit at this short gesture but before you could open your mouth to speak, Lydia appears.

"What was all that noise?" Lydia came running down the stairs, closing the attic door quickly behind her.

"Everything's fine, I just took a tumble down the stairs," You laugh awkwardly, "Luckily Lawrence was here to catch me."

"Oh yeah, sorry about him. He came over whilst you were gone. He hasn't tried to hit on you yet?" Lydia asked. You crossed your arms and were about to give her a sassy reply yet Lawrence replied for you.

"Don't be silly Lyds, I would never," Lawrence smirks as Lydia playfully shook her head of dark hair. He looked back at you as you crossed your arms and rolled your eyes.

"Well, I'm gonna go take a shower. Going to a party hosted at the bar tonight," You explain. This seems to pique Lawrence's curiosity but he just gives a simple smile. You smile back before you walk over to your room.

"I'll see you around, babes!" He calls out behind you in his rough voice.

You manage to find your way around the town and find the bar on the corner of the street. You push the door open and loud 2000's pop music blasts into your ears as you spot the band playing on stage. Many people are found busting out their moves on the dance floor in the dim light.

You walk over to the bar and order a lemonade since you weren't really planning on drinking much. You take a seat at an empty booth as you watch the many drunk strangers dancing to the band. There were also plenty of people singing off-tune to the music sitting at the bar. The band themselves weren't that good, so it wasn't much of a problem.

There were some colorful lights hanging from the roof over the dance floor, but most were focused on the band than the actual crowd of people on the dance floor. It was quite amusing actually.

A waiter walked over to your table and placed your lemonade on your table as you thanked him. You stirred the ice in the glass around with your straw. 

You continue to focus on the band on stage but were quickly interrupted by someone's finger tapping your shoulder.

You turn your head as you a greeted by the face of Lydia's uncle Lawrence. He was wearing a pair of sunglasses now and slightly more formal attire. He wore a black and white striped suit that looked tattered and worn out, it was an odd look but fitted him well surprisingly. The strangest of his ensemble of clothing was the flannel winter hat upon his head that had flaps that covered his ears, probably to cover his nest of green hair.

"Surprise seeing you here," He says in his calming gruff voice, "May I join you?"

"Sure," You reply with a smile.

He plops down onto the seat across from you and turns to the band behind him. "They're pretty shit, dontcha think?" He snickers. You couldn't help but agree, they were pretty shit. They were often offbeat and the lead singer looked to be drunk.

"So, What brings you here?" You ask him.

He shrugs in reply, "Same as you I guess. I mean, Who doesn't enjoy getting a bit drunk and attempting to pick up a few chicks every now and again?"

You simply just shrug back before taking a sip of your lemonade. Lawrence's eyes look down at your drink and gives you a twisted look of disgust and confusion.

"Woah, Woah, Woah. That's seriously what your drinking?" He gives you a short grimace.

"Uh, yeah? I don't want to get home drunk and wake up with a hangover when I'm supposed to be taking care of Lydia," You explain to him as you take another sip.

"Look, babes, Lydia is a grown kid, She can take care of herself. Plus, what's having a small drink and having fun? Come on!"

Before you could protest he was calling the bartender over to get you a beer. You cross your arms and sigh in defeat.

"Don't worry, I'll pay," He says.

You were going to argue but you decided not to bother, "Thanks, Lawrence."

"No prob. but please, call me BJ, or daddy at least, " He snickers in his gruff voice.

You try to ignore his sexual jokes again, "Why BJ?"

"Everyone else does, It just feels more normal," He explained, "It's my middle name."

"Oh, Ok. Well, thank you, BJ," You smile as the waiter comes over and places your drink onto the table. BJ surprisingly twists the beer caps off with ease as he holds up his drink.

"Cheers."