chapter thirty- five

Start from the beginning

I looked over to Leonid and saw he was fighting his sleep. I'm not talking about this while he's in here fighting sleep.

"I'll be right back. I'm taking Leonid to bed."

Hearing his name, Leonid snapped his eyes open and sat up. He even looks tired. I should've made him go to bed.

"Come on, we're going to bed." I said.

Leonid got up and slipped his hands in mine. This little boy is so sweet, such a shame he had to come from an asshole.

I have no idea how he's been raised or how he's been handled his whole life, but he's in my house now, no ones going to touch him.

I'm kind of scared about how fast I got attached to Leonid. I mean who couldn't? His big blue eyes that makes you want to melt every time you look into them, his cute babyish face that I want to pinch non stop makes me want to protect him. I can't help it.

You can tell Leonid got his features from his mother, he looks nothing like Viktor. The only thing he has of Viktor is his hair color.

I stopped in front of Leonids bedroom doors and looked at him with a smile.

"Are you ready to see your room?" I asked, putting my hands on the door handles.

He nodded his head as his eyes sparkled.

I watched his face as I opened the doors and saw how his face lit up with excitement. He ran into the room and went straight to the toys in front of his bed.

"Wow! Dad never let me have toys." He said as he picked up one of the cars I got him.

Like I said, ASSHOLE.

"Now that you're with me you will have everything you weren't allowed to have. Now you can play with your toys tomorrow, you need to go to bed." I bent down and lifted him up, taking him to his bed.

He's already wearing pajamas so I'm not going to change him. Tomorrow I'm burning his clothes he has on now, he's going to wear nothing but the clothes I get him. Anything from his father is being burned, unless he doesn't want me to. He doesn't need memories from his abusive father.

"Dad showed me a picture of you and told me you was going to be my new mom. You look different from the picture, but I know it's you by your face. Dad taught me how to never forget a face." He said, lifting his tiny hands up and rubbed my cheek.

Viktor put his four year old in training already? Usually everyone waits until their son is a little older than four years old.

"You're one smart boy."

He smiled but not long after, he started yawning.

"Okay get to bed. I'll see you tomorrow."

-

Walking back into my office I went straight to the bourbon and poured some in a glass. I downed the first glass loving the burning feeling it left in my throat then poured some more.

"Would you like a drink mystery man?" I asked, looking towards the man sitting at my desk.

"Why not." He answered.

I set a glass in front of him and poured some bourbon in it.

"Most people would leave once I give them money. The people who stay usually want me to do something for them. So, what do you want?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

I leaned back in my chair, watching him. He had the glass in his hands twirling it as he looked at the liquor in it move around.

"A favor." He said, snapping his eyes on me.

His eyes were filled with hope, worry and sadness as he begged me with his eyes.

"And what would this favor be?" I took a sip of my drink.

He did something for me, now I'll do something for him.

"I need help finding my sister. When our parents died I started taking her on missions with me so she wouldn't be alone. Two years ago I left our hotel we were staying at to go do a mission not far from the hotel, when I got back there was a note saying they took her because I killed one of their people. I've tried looking for her since then but I always ended up in a dead end. I'll do anything for you to at least try and look for her, hell I'll even work for you. Be your own personal hit man to kill anyone you want. please, I just want my sister back." He pleaded, tears forming in his eyes.

I can see he's filled with guilt for what happened to his sister. Even though he was stupid for taking her with him on missions, no one would think their loved ones would be taken.

"I'll need her name, age and a picture of her. Do you know who took her?"

Relief flooded his body the second I started talking.

"Her name is Grace, she just turned 17 a month ago, and it was the American mafia who took her but they sold her the second they got her." He said as he looked through his phone.

"What did you do to piss them off?" I asked, lifting the glass to my lips.

"I killed someone's father, I don't know I was on a lot of drugs back then and don't remember a lot. This is what she looks like." He said handing me his phone.

The second my eyes fell on the picture, my eyes widened.

It's her, one of the girls I saved from the whore house a while ago. She was so scared of me, even though I told them I wouldn't hurt them. I could just see how broken she was. I thought she wasn't there long, she didn't look as bad as the other girls.

Well, I won't be spending time on finding her. I wonder how he'll act once I tell him she joined the mafia.

"I know her."

————

so i'm moving soon and I want to ask a few things. after i get moved into the new house i'm going to start a schedule for updating on here. i'm going to start out slow by updating once a week, probably on the weekends, then start updating twice a week. i don't know the days i'll update but i'll figure it out.

also i have no clue how four year olds are supposed to act like so if Leonid seems older than he is i'm sorry.