"I'm really afraid to intervene in your business, but unfortunately she's with me," I say to him and his smile falters.

"Oh?" He asks.

"She's a family friend," I say quietly to him and he looks me in my eyes.

"She's been sneaking around, we don't take kindly to that Beta," he says seriously, and I keep my composure cool.

"Avi, go with Click," I say, and she doesn't think twice about stepping through the men. Tossing my board to Click, she grabs Aviva by the arm and yanks her away. She knows what to do from here.

"Did she get into any trouble? I'll handle whatever the damages are," I say coldly, and Carlisle gives me a small smile.

"Loyal through and through," he comments, and I sigh.

"She's not trying to cause problems, I promise," I say honestly, and I can tell he is analyzing me. I don't know what she is doing over here, but I don't need to tell him that.

"No damage was done, we can sweep this all under the rug if you can do me a favor," Carlisle says, and I raise an eyebrow at him and sink further into my mask.

"I'm listening,"

"Do you know anything about what's going on?" He asks me carefully. I shake my head no.

"Our boss's daughter is missing, we think she may have been taken by our revival boss's nephew, they had a thing for a while..." He says and I resist the urge to roll my eyes at the cheesiness of the forbidden romance.

"So, what did you need me to do?" I ask carefully.

"We think they might be holed up in your old warehouse, but the building is condemned, and the door is locked," he says, and I pause. The front door wasn't locked when we left, we didn't have time to go back and lock it, that's how those metahumans got in. I wonder if it's just jammed into oblivion from the explosion.

"I have the keys to the door," I say and Carlisle smirks. If the keys don't work ill just shoot it off.

"Then let's rally the troops," he says, and I silently follow him and the small group of men. We walk into some back alley and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Glancing around, I don't see anyone behind me, but I build a small charge in my hand which is buried in my pockets.

"Beta come here," Carlisle calls, and the mass of men and women part like the sea. Taking a few steps forward I see an older gentleman with a thick beard and a buzz cut.

"So, you have the keys to the warehouse?" He asks me carefully, his voice deep and thick with his accent.

"Yes, if not I know the weak spot on the door," I say, and the man's face crinkles a bit.

"Then get to work!" He yells and people scatter. Carlisle grabs me by the arm and guides me through the masses, I walk in the middle of the group with him as people pour into the streets to see what is going on. A buzz of my phone and a beep in my ear tells me that Click texted me. Pulling my phone out carefully, I see a text message saying safe and immediately put it away.

"What was that?" Carlisle asks me skeptically.

"It was a text from Click saying that my friend is home safe," I say, and he nods in understanding.

We turn the corner for the street my old home was located on and I see a large crowd of people coming from the other end. My instincts tell me to flee, but I stay put as the groups approach each other. No one says a word as we all stand in front of the warehouse. I slowly step forward and pull out the keys and I jam it into the lock and try to turn the latch, but it doesn't budge. Repeating the action, I use a lot more force and nothing happens.