Mark her...

"Jason..." soft whispered words flowed in the direction of the Alpha across from her. His demeanor had suddenly changed and it came out of no where. She was worried he was going into another Jekyll and Hyde moment and could not pin point exactly what would have caused him to become so irate.

Mark her.

Watching his jaw tensing and seeing how his hand was shaking as he drank his wine, it was eerily reminiscent of when they argued and he broke the shower door. He did not respond to her calling his name, it was as if he didn't even hear her. "Jason... What's wrong?" she whispered even lower as if she spoke too loudly he would snap, her hand reaching out slowly across the table to touch his as it sat firmly flat on the table.

Mark her.

The light touch of her fingers sparked an instant reaction from him and his head snapped over his black eyes boring into her face and then down to her fingers on his before they returned to her face and his jaw clenched even tighter before he snapped his hand away.

Mark her.

"I think lunch is over." he said abruptly standing up and walking away from the table, one of his hands running through his hair and ruffling the cleanly styled bun he had set earlier this morning, as his other hand shoved itself down in his pants pocket. These actions being his own way of containing his movements.

Mark her.

"W-What did I do?" her eyes were wide with shock as she watched him now clear across the office standing in front of the face of his desk with his back towards her.

Mark her.

"Elizabeth, I need you to stop talking. Right now." he said as he took deep breaths, his hand stagnating at the top of his head as he gripped at the dark black locks in an attempt to regain focus.

Mark her.

"I don't understand." her words were whispered quietly, and she remained seated in her chair watching him still with the same wide eyed expression. With each word she spoke his upper body seemed to tremble lightly and she only seemed to be making his disposition worse. 

Mark her.

"Stop. Fucking. Talking." the tone he delivered was deep and clearly meant to be intimidating, even though he kept his back to her, refusing to give her the usual glaring eye contact that was its typical companion.

Mark her!

Had he thought for one moment she was ready to solidify their mating he would have in a flash swiped everything off that table and bent her over taking her without pause. However, the small bit of rationality he was holding onto at the moment knew that it was too soon and she was in fact not at all ready. She was completely unaware of what she was doing to him, and so he had to act and force the barrier himself. One more touch...one more whispered word and his senses would unravel and it would cause so much damage between them.

He would never rape her, that's not what he was afraid of. He was afraid of terrifying her. He was afraid of hurting her. He was so afraid of losing control and marking her. Afraid of a rash decision being made to sink his long canines in her neck in a sudden feral act of possessiveness.  And while he was trying to prevent himself from scaring her, he inherently knew he was in fact scaring her right now, but it was assuredly on a much smaller scale in comparison.

She stood up from her chair and grabbed the glass of wine finishing its contents to try and quell her rapidly beating heart. This entire situation was so unclear to her, she took Joseph's advice and decided to be nice and now here they were again locked in an uncomfortable situation. Sure, it went well at the start but now he was shaking with anger and she was beginning to question if the Alpha truly was mentally unstable.