Fire Under Your Skin

The principal office was a dreadful diabolical that Skylar hated to be subjected to but he had no way out of this no matter how pretty his words came out to Mr Walter. This was his fate. Jale sat next to him in pained silence with his knuckles white as snow from how tight his hands were clenched.

It amused Skylar how just his presence got fire burning under the boy's skin. A smug grin graced his lips and he settled his chin on his arm facing Jale.

"Not going to admire your handy work, you made a beautiful artwork out of my fucking face," Skylar said breaking the strained silence. They were waiting for the principal to return from whatever escapade he went to. Skylar wasn't one to keep his mouth shut, worst, around the most honourable douchebag of them all.

"Shut up Lain before I finish the job, " Jale hissed not even turning around to give Skylar a glimpse. Skylar gritted his teeth leaning up then settled back into the red plush seat.

He would be damned before he made Jale catch him off guard again. A villain always got their asses kicked by the hero but there was no villain that never fought back.

"You're a piece of work, you know that," Jale abruptly said after a few minutes passed. He turned in his seat glaring with daggers that could kill in his sky-blue eyes. It reminded Skylar of ice.

"Why the fuck would you mess with my sister?"

Skylar's lips curled.

"Why the fuck would you mess with my car?" Skylar rebutted. Jale drew in a breath and his hands which was the only thing showing outside his blue and white jacket clutched the seat tightly.

"You know why you bastard! You fucking know why,"

Skylar scoffed then turned his attention to the translucent door before him. Skylar had in fact brought Jale's wrath upon him by messing with his prized car too one evening so the brakes didn't work. In his opinion, it was a minor accident when Jale suffered a broken kneecap from almost hitting a car on the highway. He expected a beating of his life when that happened but instead... Jale went after his lovely car and smashed the windows into smithereens. An eye for an eye, he supposed.

"You survived, thank your lucky stars Kierson,"

"You're a fucking criminal and I hope to God one day someone sees how screwed up you are,"

"At least one of us has to fool the masses Kierson, you're not really doing a good job at that," Skylar replied smuggling then leaned his head back. He closed his eyes.

Jale indeed had the masses fooled. His face, his personality and everything were still loved by the populace just like in first grade. Nobody saw fault in him and nobody gave him a hard time except Skylar.

Jale was a dumb jock with nothing to his name but his athletic ability. Skylar remembered quite clearly how in the shadows he had to be when Jale was present. Skylar didn't have the face of a celebrity but he wasn't bad looking excluding right now.

Skylar wasn't screwed up. He was fine with the spotlight not on him, the villain never had the spotlight, he liked stealing the spotlight that Jale specifically owned, just like the quarterback position. Hell froze over when he was chosen and not Jale. If that didn't make his dick hard with victory, Skylar didn't know what else would.

"Boys,"

A gruff low toned voice halted Skylar's thought process. The principal stood in front of them with no expression on his face. He nodded at them then turned and walked into his office. Skylar sighed then lifted his butt off the chair. Jale followed after him as they both entered the room and the door closed slowly behind them.

***

He got suspended.

Jale didn't particularly find the punishment grim. It was worth it and he would do it again just to punch Skylar Lain's face in. He walked out of the building into the parking lot where his car was.

His tensed muscles straightened, rippling into place. His eyebrows which were becoming twins on his face eased out. His anger dissipated like steam when he was out of that bastard's presence. The fury that clouded his mind when Skylar was around faded and he could see other colours than red.

Jale could see the colour brown swaying a few meters away at his car. He knew who that hair colour belonged to even though it wasn't her real hair colour.

Vale Kierson, his one and only little sister. Her back was hunched and her head was deep into her phone. He could guess who she was texting. He saw Skylar Lain on his phone some minutes ago just as preoccupied.

"Vale, I'm gonna warn you one last time to block that piece of shit," Jale hissed when he reached his car. He pulled out his car keys from his pocket.

Vale jumped then turned to face him with wide eyes. She had the same eye colour as him, only a bit darker. A smile spread out on her face and she tucked her blowing hair behind her ears. She stood at 5'6 in her heels. She was 2 years younger than he was. She was practically a child but Skylar fucking Lain saw her as a fair game.

"Come on, he's not that bad,"

Jale stopped moving.

"N..not bad... What the fuck did I just hear?"

"He's so sweet, out of all the boys I've dated Jale, no one has been so considerate, he's not forceful, he's just.."

"A devil, he's the fucking devil!" Jale threw his hands in the air not believing a word that was leaving his sister's mouth.

"You're just prejudiced, I saw what you did to his pretty face, I'm disappointed in you,"

Jale almost puked on his sister but he reigned his churning stomach in and walked to the driver's seat door and shoved himself in. Jale was 6 foot 5 and a Range Rover was perfect for his height. He waited for his sister to seat herself before he started up the car.

"Wait," came Vale's velvet voice over the revving of his engine. Jale turned to her with an expression of no interest.

"Skylar wants a ride,"

Jale shoved the gearshift into drive and turned the wheel.

"Come on, are you really going to treat your sister's boyfriend like that?"

"He's not your boyfriend and I don't give a flying fuck,"

"I'm gonna tell Mom what you did on New Year's eve," Vale shouted. Jale's movement of the steering wheel stopped.

"That's a low sis, that's really low," Jale sneered.

"He'll be here in 2 minutes, getting an earful from the coach,"

Jale slammed his hands into the horn making a loud beep echo through the parking lot. Students who were loitering around started walking faster.

"I hate the dude! Can't you see that!"

"I know that everyone knows that Jale and I don't care," His sister smiled innocently at him then returned to tapping incessantly at her phone.

If she weren't his sister, he would have choked her to death by now, but her neck wasn't the one he wanted his hands around.

It was the living breathing garbage called Skylar Lain he wanted to squeeze the life out of.