Entry 14

Coming home was the most depressing part of the trip, but I'm ready to have a serious conversation with Five about our future.

If that's something he even wants.

We'll have to try and be vulnerable for once..

"Hey, Five?" I ask him while he's working on his math homework.

"Yeah?" He says not really looking up from his paper.

"I have a question to ask you." I say fiddling with my shoes because I'm not sure how he'll react to this heavy of commitment.

"Shoot." He says finally putting all of his attention on me.

"I really care about you and love you," He starts smiling and holds my hands in his.

"Our birthday is coming up soon, and I want to move in together." He looks at me in shock but happy.

He looks like he's still iffy about the situation with the uncertainty in his lip bite.

"I'd love to move in together, but I want to take a trip first. I know what you're gonna say-"

"Of course I'm gonna say the same thing I always say. Time travel is dangerous." I let go of his hands.

He's been stressing over time travel for the longest time, and I was mostly afraid that would be the first thing he tries before we turn 18.

I don't know what I'd do if he got stuck.

"Look this is the one thing I have been wanting to do since I've been aware of these powers, Y/n."

"Which is exactly why you should think hard on this so you know you won't regret it. Five. Dad says you aren't ready."

"OH, and now you listen to what Dad says." Five says with a smartallic smirk.

"Yeah, because knowing how you don't think before you do things, you are gonna get yourself killed. So just listen to me."  I say cutting his words in half.

"I'm doing this, with or without your support." Five says angrily.

Before he can walk away, I put him in his place.

"So your girlfriends opinion has no value in this subject. I don't know what I expected. You don't listen to anyone." I spit back,

"You're really one to talk." He scoffs at me crossing his arms.

"I've learned from my mistakes. When are you gonna learn from yours?" His smirk turns into an angry frown.

He walks away, but before he can get any farther, I say it.

"If you do this I can't support you in anything."

"You're gonna make me choose? Do you hear how selfish that is."

"Really? I'm selfish. How selfish is life or death to you Five, tell me."

He goes silent and stares down at the floor.

"Tell me!" He grabs me to ground me before I lose my shit.

"I've wanted this for so long, Y/n. You know that. I just can't choose between you and my biggest wish."

We both stare at eachother and he loosens his grip on me.

"I have to do this. I'm sorry." Five says walking away from me.

We hear the bell that says dinner is ready.

I can already tell that tonight is gonna be a shitshow.

We do our formal sit at the table whilst eating in silence, but Five seems angry, and almost like he's ready to go off.

Looking towards Diego, I know that this isn't gonna end well.

"I want to time travel!"

After some back and forth arguing, he decided to walk out.

I didn't run after him. This trip was more important to him than me, so why should I care what he does?

I should have cared more, because he never came back. Shortly after on a mission Ben died, and it tore the family apart.

Its now September and we have a couple of days left untill we all turn eighteen. Of course I thought it would be a smooth proccess, but not in this household.

I wonder if we can find Five...

Sincerely,

Eight