It doesn't seem to be the whole 'red carpet' event that's worrying Evie, but more so the reaction she'll get from the tabloids and fans and even other celebrities.

She told me she loved dance because it was a way of being in the spotlight in a discrete way, feeling free to be yourself without anyone knowing it's you.

This. This is the complete opposite of that.

Everyone's going to know who she is.

"Ahem." The fake cough sounds from behind me and I quickly swivel on my feet, to face the door at the end of my hallway in which Evie was getting ready in.

Esme is standing there, a wide grin on her face and her eyes look so bright with excitement.

Of course she insisted on being here, not only to support Evie and help her get ready, but to see the dress and talk more to Rebecca - Evie mentioned something to me about them possibly working together.

"Is she ready?" I question, my voice coming off a lot more wobbly than I anticipated.

"Take a look for yourself." Esme smirks, stepping to the side as Evie walks forward, looking down at the floor, watching her every step. The front of the dress is clutched in her hands holding it up so she doesn't trip over the black material.

My eyes can't seem to adjust and I know I'm just staring aimlessly at her while Rebecca rushes around, fanning her hair and adjusting the dress so it's sitting perfectly.

But all I see is her, and a soft gentle glow surrounding her, blurring everything so she is the sole purpose of what I'm seeing.

It makes no sense because I'm looking at her, but I can't seem to see her. It's like my mind has just detached from my body. My jaw hung open and eyes wide in awe of her.

"Holy fuck E." My words come out as a soft choke and I can see in my peripheral vision Esme rolling her eyes, her smile not faltering.

I quickly glance at Esme who raises her eyebrows as if to tell me to come back to reality and say something.

Anything.

"My god Evie." I breathe while stepping forward and holding my hand out just in hopes she places her hand in mine. I need to touch her, just to solidify this. And then maybe I'll be able to function again.

I would have never expected to get so choked up over this.

The second her hand slips into mine, I breathe.

I breathe and finally realize she really is standing in front of me, in this beautiful dress, with the red ribbon tied into her blonde hair the same way it always is.

The dress itself is stunning. Never something I would have expected her to wear, but I have no doubt that Esme helped pick it out.

I pull her closer to me, raking my eyes down her body before looking back into her tired blue eyes. They look so beautiful it hurts. I wish they didn't look so drained all the time. But I wouldn't change her for the world, because there's no one's eyes I'd rather be looking into.

"Well, do a spin then." Esme bursts out, sounding like she'd been holding all her words in at once.

Evie glances to Esme the same time as I do and she lets out a soft chuckle as Esme gestures her hands out.

I comply, stepping back but not removing my hand from Evie's, holding our interlocked fingers above her head and slowly she shuffles a spin causing the bottom of the dress to flare out slightly.

The dress is strapless, and a solid black color and tight to her body until it reaches her mid thigh where the lace becomes sheer and spreads out into a black tulle skirt, lace details at the hem.