:Dream Aubrey: Affection

Start from the beginning

"THEY ARE JEALOUS OF OMORI!"

He said loudly with a wide grin as Hero quickly called Kel's name out, considering he had let out the secret. Aubrey looked back over at (Y/n), who had the urge run off and jump into the void.

"You're...jealous..?"

She asked, a bit unsure if she should believe in Kel's words.

"THEY SURE ARE!"

Aubrey glared over at Kel, grabbing (Y/n)'s wrist to drag them further away. She stayed silent for a moment to let (Y/n) calm down, but the silence just kept them even more anxious.

"Is it true?"

She asked softly, not planning on teasing them about it right now, judging by how panicked they looked. Letting in a deep breath, they nodded slowly, squeezing their eyes shut with clenched fists.

"I give affection to Omori because he isn't very used to it. I didn't mean to make you feel left out. I always want to give you a hug or hold your ha-"

Aubrey quickly paused, blushing lightly.

"...I want to give you them, but I don't want you to feel too uncomfortable. I want to make you happy..."

(Y/n)'s hands softened, speechless at what she had said. Her words comforted them, feeling reassured. Looking off to the side, they lifted up their head.

"I-I... wan... affe... on..."

They whispered softly. Aubrey hummed a bit to signal that they didn't hear them clearly.

"...want... a-affec-ctio-n..."

(Y/n) stuttered out, laying their hands flat against their sides. Aubrey's eyes sparkled once she heard those words, her heartbeat pacing up a bit. It was even more heartwarming considering they had personal space issues and seemed to want to break out of it.

"Affection..."

Aubrey repeated softly, hands behind her back as her body swayed a bit.

"From... you..."

(Y/n) added, covering their face with their hands. Aubrey's heart skipped a beat, awing at how cute they were. (Y/n) felt something stroke at their head, slowly uncovering their face to look up at Aubrey. She smiled reassuringly at them, running her fingers through their hair. Trailing her fingers down, she lightly poked their cheek.

Despite how short it was, (Y/n) certainly liked how it felt, almost going off in a daze for a moment.

"If I may be honest... I was waiting for something like this to happen..."

Aubrey said, walking slowly in circles with her hands behind her back around (Y/n).

"That's why I poke you a lot. I hoped that I could progress more from poking. I wanted to take it slow so that you wouldn't feel uncomfortable."

"That sure didn't happen when you sat so close to me."

(Y/n) replied, Aubrey giggling as she covered her mouth.

"I'm sorry! I was really curious."

Aubrey apologized. She then stopped walking, standing behind (Y/n) as she leaned in close to their ear.

"To be fair... you were rather cute~"

"You're cuter!"

(Y/n) quickly said as they looked back, speaking out from what was on their mind. Aubrey was startled, blushing even more, but then smirked. She moved over, humming happily.

"Nooo... You are!"

She exclaimed, poking their shoulder. (Y/n) frowned, poking back at her.

"No way! You're the cute one!"

"You are cuter than me times one billion!"

"You are seriously the cutest person I have ever met!"

The more Aubrey heard how cute she was, the more confident she became, as well as the blush increasing on her face.

"YOU'RE SO CUTE TO THE POINT WHERE I WANT TO SQUISH YOU!"

She yelled out, jumping up and down.

"YOU'RE SO CUTE THAT I THINK YOU'RE CUTE!"

(Y/n) yelled back, causing Aubrey to go into a small fit of laughter.

"THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!"

"KISSING YOU MAKES SENSE!"

(Y/n) yelled loudly in the air, blushing madly. Aubrey's laughter immediately stopped as her mind blanked out, frozen in place like a statue. Her brain was buffering, slowly loading in what they said. And so was (Y/n)'s, realizing what they had yelled out.

"I... I SAID TOO MUCH!"

(Y/n) exclaimed, holding their head as they ran around, repeating the words, "I SAID TOO MUCH!" Aubrey was still frozen, smoke coming out of their ears as her face was flushed pink. Kel and Hero were laughing loudly in the back, having their card game put on hold to watch the show of two kids who had a crush on each other. (Y/n)'s repetition of their words died down seconds later, slowing down from running around, the adrenaline slowly draining out of their body. They then stopped a few feet near Aubrey, hunching down to catch their breath and clear their head.

It seems as thought minutes passed before Aubrey walked over to (Y/n), who saw her legs standing in front of them, quickly standing back up. She cupped their face with an embarrassed look before moving herself forward, her lips pressed against (Y/n)'s roughly. They both stayed there, Aubrey squeezing her eyes shut while trying to keep her balance. (Y/n)'s energy was slowly becoming drained, relaxing as their arms fell at their sides. Once Aubrey pulled away, (Y/n) slowly opened their eyes in a dream-like state.

She smiled softly at them, still cupping their face as she stroked her thumb against their cheek. She stared into their eyes for a moment before she spoke.

"That sure was way past your space zone."

(Y/n) smiled, laughing softly before suddenly slouching over, falling against Aubrey, who had almost fallen backwards.

"(Y-Y/n)?!"

Aubrey held them tightly, looking over to try to see their face. (Y/n) had pretty much passed out, the blush on their face fading very slowly slowly, but the faint smile stayed on their lips. She sighed in relief, looking over to see Kel and Hero watching in awe and shock.

"Shows over."

She stated with an embarrassed blush, looking away. Kel and Hero quickly went over to help move (Y/n) closer to where the cards were, laying them down. Aubrey couldn't help but smile happily at them, sitting with her legs out to try to put their head on her lap. Kel and Hero watched, seeing just how happy she was, stroking (Y/n)'s hair.

"I can't wait until they wake up..."

She said aloud, twirling a strand of their hair with her finger.

"Does this mean you two are a thing now?"

Kel asked as Hero gathered the cards up to shuffle the deck. Aubrey gave Kel a look, pouting.

"Of course we are!"

She exclaimed, her mind immediately thinking back to the kiss. (Y/n) was a very great friend of hers, always helping her get through some difficult times, as well as caring for her. Whenever she thought of them, she would wish to stay by their side throughout their adventure. And now they are dating. The thought of going on dates and being even closer to them sent out butterflies in her stomach, excited at being called (Y/n)'s girlfriend.

"I'm absolutely sure they would love that!"