Chapter Five- Yule Ball

"so she threatened you?" Sirius asks unsurely.
"yes!" I tell him, shocked myself.
"Oh dear, love, does mooney know?" he asks skeptically.
"nope."
"maybe you should tell him. BUT! Before you do. practice on me" I scrunch up my fave as I think he has definitely lost his mind. "look! i'm moony!!... hey! don't look at me funny, love, just do it!" he encourages me. I sigh in defeat.
"No disrespect Remus but-"
I try to continue but i'm interrupted by Sirius' whaling laughter. "what's so funny?" I ask the boy, clearly confused.
"No disrespect?" he asks stifling in his laughter.
"yes, that's what I said... No Disrespect... what? can I not say that?" I ask, not understanding what is wrong with my wording.
"no!" Sirius screams and then lets out the loudest laugh I have ever heard from him which turned into a wheeze. I couldn't help it, his laughter was contagious. I let out a loud laugh and continued laughing for around 30 minutes with Sirius.
————————————
It was nearly time to attend the yule ball. I had done my hair in loose waves, did some dark makeup to match my dress and then put on my black dress. There was no way I was letting Mary look better than me.

 There was no way I was letting Mary look better than me

^the dress^
As I finished getting ready is did lily. She had this beautiful pink dress with flowers at the bottom on. Her long hair was curled and she had a smokey eye with red lipstick going on.

^Lilys Dress^ "oh my godrick! you look amazing Lily!" I squealed at the girl

^Lilys Dress^
"oh my godrick! you look amazing Lily!" I squealed at the girl. she doesn't usually go for pink but she looks stunning as always.
"me? me? are you kidding?! you look so hot! wow!" I blushed as lily complimented my dress.
"The boys are at the stairs near the hall, we've to get them there." Lily Explained, and with that we headed down to the hall.

when we got to the hall Mary was already there with Remus. She has this yellow dress on with a really tacky design.

^Marys Dress^As me and Lily walked down the steps slowly and carefully I saw James's jaw drop to the floor from looking at lily

^Marys Dress^
As me and Lily walked down the steps slowly and carefully I saw James's jaw drop to the floor from looking at lily.
Sirius had his head down until James's second gasp made him look up. His eyes met mine and slowly raked down to my dress. He too was in shock. I usually don't wear dresses like that but I think I should more. I looked hot. I made my way over to peter and we walked into the hall arms linked. throughout the whole ball Mary drew daggers at me but I didn't care.
The night started with some dancing and laughter. I was forgetting Mary and Remus existed and just had fun talking with Peter and James and sometimes Sirius if he wasn't off flirting with other girls.
James had managed to sneak in some alcohol so I had a lot of that... okay maybe a little more than a lot but it's okay! I feel great!
later in the night I was fine man. GONE.
"maybe we should go back to the dorms love"
Sirius said with all the Marauders, lily and Mary.
"nooooo! please i'm having fun" I protested sitting in my seat.
"yeah y/n listen to Sirius." Mary speaks out.
"shut up you bitch. I'll do whatever I want" I said.
"Y/n-" Remus tried but Sirius cut him off.
"She is drunk Moony, she doesn't mean it." he protests.
All of a sudden i'm overwhelmed with sadness. Did I upset Remus?
"Rem, i'm sorry don't be mad at me. Sirius is he mad at me?" I turn to Sirius at the last part asking him while tears prick at my eyes.
"of course not love. cmon, let's get you to bed" with that, Sirius picks me up bridal style and carries me to my dorm. I hug more into the boy for some more warmth and comfort as slowly start to drift off. He places me down on my bed and tucks me in with a kiss on my forehead. As he goes to leave I gently grab his arm, politely asking him to stay with me, even if it was just until I fell asleep. He went to the bathroom and brought out some wipes and started taking my makeup
off and brushing my hair, helping me out of my dress as well. Merlin, what would I do without this boy? I give him a T-Shirt I stole and some bottoms for him to wear... that totally weren't his anyways.
Tiredly we crawl back into my bed and be pulls me closer giving me that feeling in my stomach again and making my face flush. Without protest I snuggle closer to him finding comfort and soon darkness takes over.