Chapter Seventeen

"This is speech"
'This is thoughts'
"This is telepathy"
"Sindarin"
"Black speech"

All art belongs to their respective owners, I found them all on Pinterest and claim no ownership over any.

I Héri -o I runya
(The lady of the flame)
Chapter Seventeen:

"Em," Aragorn greeted with a nod and smile as she walked over, deep green cloak swishing with every movement.

Years before, he had asked her to place an illusion over his face, to give the appearance of his ageing so as to not incite any awkward questions. Even though she knew it was fake, it was still jarring to see Aragorn with a few wrinkles.

"Estel." Narvana responded with a slight grin as they fell into step with one another. "How have you been?"

"As well as one can be in the wild." He shrugged.

"I assume that writing to Arwen helps?" She grinned, which became even more pronounced as the tips of his ears became red. "I actually have a favour to ask."

"Oh?"

"The shire." She explained, "I have just been there visiting, but I'm concerned about it's protections."

"Well we do already have rangers stationed around the borders. I can talk to Halbarad, if you desire, to see if we can station more?"

"Thank you, mellôn nin."

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

The next few years were relatively calm - as calm as it could be with orcs and goblins on the move - though the rangers and elves couldn't help but note that it felt much like the calm before the storm.

Narvana tended to visit the shire whenever she was nearby - which was more often than not, she was reluctant to stray too far away.

It was for that reason that when Gandalf found her with an invitation to Bilbo's 111th birthday that she jumped at the opportunity.

Narvana sat besides Gandalf at the front of his wagon, a multitude of fireworks in the back which bounced with every movement.

They spoke idly of the world around them, Gandalf smoking as Narvana worked on casting an undetectable extension charm on a bag - a project she had been attempting for years.

Upon reaching the outskirts of Hobbiton, there was a rustle in the trees and grass as a familiar face appeared.

"You're late." The hobbit chided.

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins," Gandalf huffed, "nor is he early- he arrives precisely when he means to!"

Narvana raised an amused eyebrow as she turned to Gandalf. "I'm fairly certain that it was I who said that to you several years ago."

Frodo's eyes were bright and countenance cheerful as he, laughing, bounded up and hugged both of them tightly.

"It's wonderful to see you both!"

"It's only been a year!" Narvana laughed as the brown-haired hobbit settled in between them, pulling him in for a one armed hug.