I N T R O D U C T I O N

ENDLESS BLOODSHED and the desire to conquer were always the highlights of supernatural history, history that tells war after war is what tore every species apart. From Lycan's to vampires, werewolves to witches, shifters to humans and everything in-between.

Every race had something to go to war over, and there are plenty on record, from petty disagreements to the most heinous of wars.

But one in particular always seemed to overshadow them all. For it was the longest, bloodiest, and most barbaric war among the supernatural's ever recorded.

The War Of The Kings.

Everybeing wanted to be powerful, every race wanted to be superior, to hold all of the gold and sing about the glory. To be the King Of All Kings and rule over all. There were few that were able to obtain this title, but never for long with all of the treachery jealousy could bring.

For centuries this war ran rapid, and gained a notorious reputation for one of the most merciless and bloody wars to date. Wealthy houses would rise and fall overnight, kings were crowned then beheaded in a fortnight. The compulsion to power blinded billions all over the globe, it obsessed the masses to the brink of insanity at just the thought of the title.

To such a degree that the lust for power overcame the supernatural. So much so that with time, what was once considered the weakest, swept under the rug, and overlooked amongst the species became the strongest, and unexpectedly prevailed to win it all.

The human species.

A considerably cunning bunch that took being ignored remarkably well according to my text books.

With the supernatural's occupied, humans had the time to get a leg up in the race officially, on January the 28th, 2002 when an odorless, tint of green began to loop through the clouds and pollute the sky's over cities all around the world, that at the time, were notably inhabited by by the supernatural.

The all mighty, Vampires, Witches, Werewolves, and shifters.

At first, it was harmless. Most thought that It was nature's way of commending the King Of All Kings at the time for attempting to achieve world peace. But after a day, a great chunk of the population began to fall sick, and after two, they began to die.

No one knew what to do, given, even the worlds most intelligent leaders didn't even know what it was. But as the death toll began to climb, the motivation to protect kicked in.

Way too late if I may add.

Because on the third day hell fire came pouring from the sky to disintegrate entire cities.

It was a green substance, that ran thick like mud, and stuck like glue once it came in contact with anything, may it be a still object or flesh. It would spread like a fire that never stopped burning, even after its target was no more, and moved until it was extinguished by a special powder that only humans had access to, having invented it.

After, with their knowledge and steady inclination of deadly human technologies, other species stuck in the past began to crumble without even knowing it.

Either torn apart by pride, greed, or a human creation, any being that didn't have the technology to fight back were hunted, some nearly to extinction. Established kings began to fall left to right and entire societies collapsed overnight.

This consequently led to the severe downfall of supernatural reigns. Only the impervious were able to persevere. Even then they hid, closed off from the world to protect what was theirs.

After, whispers, lies, secrets, paranoia, and more than enough deceit, manifested strong hostilities between the supernatural's. That in return built an unspoken divide. From then on, species to species, they dispersed, and claimed what they could for their own, some were able to claim tremendous amounts, others were left with nothing. But in the end the means of survival hung a heavy cloak.

Especially when numbers aren't what they once were with a new species on the rise, another human creation and by far the deadliest.

Hunters.

And almost nothing could stand in their way.

They took orders from the bitter humans, and even better, information. That made the kill a whole lot easier, and the capturing intoxicating.

The kill became a game to the half human, half supernatural beings as they swept through entire civilizations and wrecked havoc. Slaughtering and enslaving anything that wasn't human.

And we just happen to be one of the enslaved.

For a long time it was just us. Me and her, me and the girl in my head. The two amazing halves of one extraordinary whole and we believed that that was all we needed to survive, that was just our life. It was normal, after all it was how we survived the darkness, and the hunger. Through all of the pain and misery she was always there for me and I the same.

That was all we believed we needed, each other, and nothing else.

Well, not at least until a ray of light found a way to shine into our lives. Our ray came in the form of a being so very different from us, filled with the light of freedom and rejuvenation that sent us spiraling into one of the greatest adventures that life could offer.

On top of that, he delivered us into a world so very different from the one we were used to.

That light opened our eyes and I thank the path fated upon us everyday that I'm here, even with evil lurking around all corners, I'm more than prepared to fight for this. My freedom, a new look at the world. And a blessed new chance at my life!

Time to dive into the awakening series!!!!Don't forget to press that ⭐️

Don't forget to press that ⭐️