26- Moving up his game

Lexi's P.O.V.

"Missing? What do you mean, he's missing? He told me he was heavily guarded."

"I'm not exactly sure what happened but your mother said he got a phone call that upset him, took off and never returned home. His empty car was set on fire and found next to Zach's body down by the docks last night." Jack informed us.

"Oh my God. Mom? Where is she now?" I asked him.

"She's at home-"

"Lucas, can we bring her home with us?"

"Of course, let's go get her."

Jack interrupted us, "Lexi, this guy is moving up his game. You need to be extra careful. We're going to station some cops outside this place, and they will patrol the area."

"No offense, detective but we've got this." Lucas informed him.

"Lucas, I know you're upset with the officers still but you need to think about Lexi."

"That's all I've been thinking about, Jack. I intend to protect her and I don't need cops, especially ones I don't trust." Lucas hissed.

"Fine, do you trust me? Can I help?"

I was looking between the two of them as they argued. I didn't know Jack well, but he's been the only officer that's tried helping throughout this whole thing.

"Yeah, I trust you... I'll call you if I need anything." Lucas finally spoke.

"Then I'll drive by every once in a while and if you guys need anything, call me. I want to catch this son of a bitch!"

"Thank you, Jack." I smiled his way.

He nodded, "Has the guy tried making contact with you at all?"

"No, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing."

"If he does, make sure you contact me right away. We will try and keep this as quiet as possible. Go see your mom, bring her back here. That will probably be best for her right now." Jack instructed.

"We'll head there right away. Lexi has been wanting to see her again, too bad it's under these circumstances though." Lucas looked at me sadly.

"I'll be in touch." Jack added, before he walked out the door.

Lucas started demanding his men to do things, as I sat down. What happened to my dad and what was he thinking going somewhere alone right now, especially if this guy was threatening his life.

Lucas stood in front of me, "Lex, are you alright?"

"He's going to kill my dad too." I whispered.

Lucas pulled me into a hug, "I don't know what to tell you, Lex. Let's just pray we find him before that happens."

******

Pulling into my parents house, I got out and interlocked my hand with Lucas's. Kevin and Ben on each side of us, followed by a handful of other guards.

I knocked on the door, moments later Ellen our maid opened the door.

"Lexi, tu casa!" (Lexi, you're home!) Ellen cried, pulling me into a hug.

"¿Dónde está mamá?" (Where's momma?) I asked.

"Ella está en el estudio. Ella no está bien, pero estará feliz de verte. (She's in the study. She's not doing well but will be happy to see you.)

She looked around at all the guys surrounding me, "Kevin, es un placer verte de nuevo. ¿Este apuesto hombre que sostiene tu mano debe ser Lucas?" (Kevin, it's so nice seeing you again. This handsome man holding your hand must be Lucas?)

"Sí, Ellen. Este es mi prometido, Lucas." (Yes, Ellen. This is my fiancé, Lucas.)

"Prometido?" (Fiancé?) She asked, excitedly.

"Si!" (Yes)

"Lucas, this is, Ellen our wonderful housekeeper."

He shook her hand, "It's very nice to meet you."

She let out a whistle, "Lexi, delicioso! ¡Te encontraste un buen hombre!" (Lexi, Yummy! You found yourself a hunk of a man!)

I let out a laugh, "Si."

She walked us to the study where Mom was looking out the window.

"Mom?"

She turned around quickly, looking at me and started crying. We both walked fast towards each other, wrapping our arms around each other as we cried.

After a few minutes, pulling slightly away from each other my mom broke the silence. "I've missed you so much sweetheart. I'm so sorry for everything that happened, your father tried and we did what we thought was best for you-"

"Mom, it's fine-"

"No, it's not. We didn't know what to do and then we lost you. Baby I'm so sorry."

"Mom, Lucas and I talked. We understand but now's the time we need to be completely honest with each other and work together to catch this guy. Mom, we need to find Dad."

My mom was still hysterical, "He's going to kill him, the guy was so mad at your father but he wouldn't give you up."

"Mom, I want you to pack a few bag and come live with us for a while. I don't want anything happening to you too."

I can't, what if your father comes home?"

"Then we leave him a note and he can come to Lucas's house. Mom, you can't stay here, I refuse to lose you too!"

She nodded, "Come on, let's pack a bags. I'm going to send Ellen on a vacation until this is sorted out. Please?"

"Alright."

I looked at Kevin, "Send Ellen away for a month's vacation, wherever she wants, my treat. Make sure she leaves immediately."

I helped mom pack a few bags and we headed back down to where everyone was waiting for us.

Mom walked up to Lucas, "I owe you an apology also, Lucas. Thank you for taking care of my daughter."

"Apology accepted. Come on, you will be safe with me."

He gave her a hug and grabbed her bags. I linked my arm through hers, walking out the door and into the SUV.

Arriving home the guys carried in her bags as Lucas and I brought her inside. I went around introducing her to everyone.

"As you already know, this is David and Helen, Lucas' parents and this is Chris and Erin Sullivan. I stayed with them when I left New York."

I took Kennedy out of Chris arms, my mother stared at her, like she knew what I was going to say next.

"This little girl is Kennedy, your granddaughter."

She covered her mouth as tears slipped down her face. "She looks just like you, Lex! May I hold her?"

I handed her to Mom, she asked me questions and I told her everything that had happened leading up to the moment right now.

"That's not all though, Mom I'm pregnant. I haven't gone to the doctors yet, but we're thinking five weeks along."

"I can't believe I'm a Grandma, this is amazing. I also noticed a huge ring on the left finger, once we bring your father home we have a lot to celebrate." My mom announced.

I just prayed we were able to bring him home!