Christmas cookies Pt. 1

Hoodie

I was upstairs, doing some last minute gift wrapping When I heard the sound of crashing pots and pans, followed by the sound of my baby boy crying.

My heart stopped in my chest and I made a mad dash downstairs, praying that no knifes or broken glass had fell.

"Baby boy, what's wrong? Are you okay!" I yelled as I ran into the kitchen and stopped dead in my tracks. There on the floor was a teary-eyed Masky, covered in flour and chocolate and surrounded by pots and pans. Luckily no broken glass or knifes, but an upset Masky was just as bad.

I caught the little's attention and he started to cry again, my grabby hands for me. "Daddy! I-I'm sowwy dada. I makes kitchin messy!" He cried reach out for me.

I immediately went over to him and picked the weeping little up, feeling him latch onto me and cry about how sorry he was, begging me not to punish him.

"Oh baby boy, I won't punish you, I promise. Why don't we get you out of those dirty clothes and you can tell daddy why you're not your happy self." I said, bouncing the little in my arms to try and soothing him.

His crying became soft whimpers and he just buried his face in my hoodie. "I feel sticky and icky daddy. Can me has bathies" he asked softly. "Of course love, you'll get a nice bubble bath and snuggles. Daddy hates seeing his adorable baby boy upset." I said, stroking his hair as a carried him upstairs

<><><><>• TIME SKIP •<><><><>

"Now that my baby boy is all cleaned and happy, can you tell me what happened?"

Masky giggled as I dried his hair. "Well I wanted to make cwookies for Santa, but daddy said he was busy and I's a big boy so I tried to do it myself but... I couldn't do it." He said, sounding disappointed.

"Now now baby boy, you know daddy is never too busy for you. Besides, it's okay if you need help. Making cookies isn't easy, but good job on trying." I said, seeing his smiles come back. "But next time, get daddy if you don't know how to do something. We don't want you hurting yourself." I picked him up and placed him on the bed, changing him into a fresh diaper.

"Otay dada... could we stwill make cwookies for Santa!" He asked happily.

"Of course baby, I'm sure Santa will love them." I said, watching masky's eyes light up and clap his hands happily.

I went into his closet and pulled out a red and white striped shirt with green overalls and red and white striped socks. I changed Masky into the Christmas outfit and carried him downstairs, putting him down on the couch and turning on the TV.

"You wait here while daddy, takes care of the kitchen." I said, ruffling his hair and going to the kitchen. I looked at the mess and it honestly wasn't that bad, All I had to do was sweep up all the flour and put away the pots and pans. I got stared, picking up the pot and pan and putting them back.

While I was putting stuff away, in the corner of my eye I saw Masky sweeping up the flour into a dust pan and dumping it into the trash. "What are you doing baby boy?" I said with a smile as He stared at me wide eyed.

"I-I wanted to help daddy. I'm th-the one that made the mess, the least I can do is help daddy clean it up." He said shyly, his eyes glued to the floor. I smiled and walked up to him, picking him up and kissing all over his adorable face.

He squealed and giggled, his lips meeting mine and kissing me back. "Thank you baby boy for being so nice. You'll definitely get a reward for such a good thing." I said, giving him one last kiss on the cheek before we both went back to cleaning.

The kitchen was done in no time and I pulled out the needed ingredients while Masky put away the broom and dust pan. I picked him up and carried a giddy Masky towards the counter and placed him on the floor.

"Ready to make some yummy Christmas cookies." I asked, seeing Masky get excited.

"Yeah! Let's make the bestest chwistmas cwookies ever!"