Chapter 12- Their Candidate part 1

Start from the beginning

His voice held a smugness about it, while his face seemed to hold this knowing expression. His dark eyes stared intently into mine and I was finding it a hard to pull my eyes away. His deep black eyes seemed to go right through me as if he could tell exactly what I was thinking. That intense overwhelming feeling I seemed to always feel around each of the Sullivan brothers grew immensely as I noticed Cole getting even closer.

I could hear my heartbeat vibrating through my ears now and I just had this feeling that Cole and his brothers could hear it too. 

Not able to find my voice just yet to respond to Cole’s previous questions, I gave a short shake of my head silently answering him. Cole didn’t seem to be satisfied with my unspoken answer as he cocked his eyebrow up unbelievingly before finally backing away from me and into a standing position. 

He placed his hands lazily in his pants pockets before giving me another smirk and walking back over to his place at the table. 

I internally sighed with relief, happy that there was distance between Cole and I. For some reason he just made me so incredibly nervous, more so than his brothers and it bothered me. 

“I’m guessing you didn’t hear a word of what we were talking about, So I’ll be nice and repeat it for you, Darlin’,” said Kendall with a playful grin. I didn’t say anything to his statement which Kendall just shook his head to, grin still playing on his lips before continuing, “We were explaining what a candidate is and how we went about picking you to be our candidate,” he said as he for the first time got up out of his seat and lazily began to walk around the table towards me.

“A candidate is someone we believe fits perfectly with each of us, this person has certain qualities that appeal to each of us differently and most importantly we have to be attracted to that person and drawn to them in more than just a physical way. Lastly we each have to approve of that person,” Kendall explained.

I stiffened a little as he got closer, and leaned into the back of my chair a little as he stopped in front of me and perched himself on the edge of the table by my side, “Now this may come as a surprise, but my brothers and I have had you picked out for quite some time now. To be completely honest for a few months. Jayden was the first of us to actually see you,” he says as he looks over his shoulder towards his brother Jayden who gives a kind smile and a nod. 

“I saw you in a crafts shop on the other side of the city a few months ago. You were buying sketching and paint supplies, and a few notepads that day. I watched you go up to the counter to pay for your things as I stood a few feet away. You looked in a rush as I recall. The owner of the shop, who I’ve known for a while, was ringing you up and told you your total. I watched as you gave him an unsure look as he told you how much you owed before looking into your bag. You stood there for a moment staring at something inside your bag before I saw your face turn to one of embarrassment and sadness. Then I heard you tell the clerk you didn’t have enough money before giving the things on the counter one last look before rushing out the shop,” Jayden said before leaning over the back of his chair and grabbing something. 

I furrowed my eyes at him in question as he did so before glancing back at Kendall who was still grinning at me, “Don’t worry Darlin’ I think you’ll like this,” Kendall said before looking over towards his brother again and I followed his action, curiosity getting the better of me.