Chapter 5: I'm Not Gay

Start from the beginning

"Wonder what?" he breathed a tiny laugh, glancing at her.

"I forgot. I had it then I lost it," Karla practically broke her neck following Julian's car making a turn into a spot as Eli drove by him. She searched for Lauren though it was hard to see given the distance between their cars.

"Do you wanna maybe do something with me?"

"What?" Karla whipped around, appearing startled. "Wait!" she jabbed her finger in his face and he complied. "That's right we're doing something today. You're taking me to see a movie, right?"

"That's right," he grinned and parked his car. "After Football practice, yeah. But on Thursday, I was thinking you and me could go to the mall."

"The mall?" her eyebrows quirked.

"You make me so nervous, it's insane. Wow," he confessed, visibly sweating. He'd claim it was the heat if she asked about it. He was also wearing the school's purple and white Letterman jacket.

"Ohh, sweetheart, I'm sorry," Karla reached over and grazed his ear when caressing the side of his face. She didn't realise the affect she had on him or anyone for that matter. In her mind, yes she was flirting but she was mostly just being nice. Eli froze and got lost in her face. "We'll go to the mall, sure. Thanks for asking."

"Yo, yoo!!" Andy's loud, boisterous voice jolted Eli out of his trance and scared Karla to bits. He slapped the car door, the other jocks gathering around the white Jeep to greet their captain. "Outta the car, big man, lovin' time's over."

"What up, Eli?"

"Hey, man."

"Liking the style today. All you need are some frosted tips like mine, you'll be looking super fly," said one of the guys who looked like the ultimate douchebag next to Andy.

Eli cackled and rounded the hood of his car to open the door for Karla. "No thanks, man, I'm good."

"Hey, Camila," Andy beat the other seven guys to the greeting.

"Good morning, Andy," Karla smiled warmly. "Did you sleep well?"

"I don't sleep," he said, tossing his football in the air then catching it.

"I'm sorry to hear about that. You know, I read somewhere—"

"Camilaaa!!!" Carlie ran up and crushed the girl's body against hers. It's only been a day since they've seen one another, why was this necessary? "I missed you! Ugh, I've had the worst Sunday ever, I need to tell you all about it. You HAVE to come meet me and the other girls in the bathroom second period, you will not believe who I just ran into after all these weeks."

"Let her hurry up and get it out of her system 'cause I don't wanna hear about it during cheer practice today," said Normani, looking as beautiful as ever in a cute pink and white polka skirt and blouse that outlined her statuesque body perfectly. She had her hair styled in a high pony with the rest falling neatly in luscious waves with two twisted strands in the front. The head cheer captain folded her arms after giving a two-cheek kiss to Karla and poked out her chin. "Camila, why do you look so worried?"

"Because I forgot we had cheer practice today..." she muttered an unacceptable response.

"But I paged you this morning to remind you. I sent you our code for cheer practice, how could you forget?" Carlie huffed.

"So you don't have your uniform with you," Normani squinted.

"Mani, relax, I'll drive her home during lunch to pick it up. It's not a big deal," said Eli, hanging his arm around Karla's shoulder.