010💎

Kenzie knew that she somehow needed to tell Rachel what had happened. But she was scared. Scared that Rachel would turn on her.

When she woke that morning, she walked downstairs and saw Rachel. Rachel looked at her. "Morning love. How are you?" She asked as she handed her a glass of orange juice.

Kenzie shrugged and nodded. "I'm okay. Can I talk to you?"

"Later love. I have a morning meeting with Max bloody Tyler. And the last thing I need is teenage drama," Rachel said.

Kenzie just nodded. She looked down at the table. Rachel never listened to her. It was one of the reasons as to why they weren't close.

***
Arriving at school, she saw Alyssa with Esmè and Max. She watched as Alyssa walked over to her. "Tom told me you're going to tell mum what happened. Are you ready for that?" She asked.

Kenzie nodded. "I'm so scared. But I know I have to do it. It's for the best."

Alyssa smiled and nodded. She took her hand and sighed. "I'll be with you. I promise."

"A-Are you sure?"

"Yes. You're not doing this alone."

Kenzie took a deep breath and sighed. "It would be easier if she just actually listened to me," she said.

***
Tom walked into the common room. He saw Kenzie sitting up the corner. He smiled. "How did it go?" He asked.

"I haven't told her yet. She won't give me ten minutes to talk to her. But I am going to tell her," Kenzie said.

Tom nodded. "I get the impression Rachel is never there for you?"

Kenzie shrugged. "She does her best. But it's hard. My sister has Esmè to look after. It's not fair how I'm always leaning on her. She doesn't mind. I just... I wish I had my mum sometimes."

Tom took her hand under the table and smiled. "I talked to Alyssa. She told me she would happily take you in should you need it."

***
Kenzie walked into the cooler. Max was there. He smiled. "Somehow I knew I'd be seeing you here today," he said as he looked at her.

Kenzie smiled slightly. She sat down. "You know me Mr Tyler. Just can't stay away from the place," she told him.

Max laughed. He sighed. "Alyssa told me what happened. Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. Please don't judge Alyssa. She did it for me. He did it to her too. And he would have done it to Esmè. He does it to us until we're older. Then he moves on."

Max nodded. "I'm not saying anything. You and Alyssa  aren't the only one who went through abuse. My father abused me too. Only I never had an older brother or sister to tell. So if you ever need anyone to talk to that isn't your sister, then I'm here for you. It's not easy. Keeping it all secret. But when you become a parent, you'll do anything to keep your little girl safe. You'll make an amazing mum one day. I've seen how you are with my little girl. You're stronger than you know Kenzie."

"Thank you."

Max smiled. "You're welcome. But I trust I can guarantee that you won't tell anyone?"

"I promise. Thank you. For being there for me."

***
Kenzie went back home later on that day. Rachel was there. She glared. "I'm sick of being told you've been in the cooler. Why can't you just behave?"

Kenzie rolled her eyes. "Maybe if you took your head from out your ass and focused on me, I wouldn't go to the cooler."

"Grow up Kenzie."

Kenzie scoffed. "One day soon mother. You're going to listen to me. And it will be too late," she spat as she walked upstairs.

Rachel stood there in shock. But what did Kenzie mean?