Chapter 1・Hidden Confessions

"Lucy!" a certain salmoned haired boy called out as he ran towards a blonde girl. "What is it Natsu?" a blonde haired girl, whose name is Lucy reponded. "There's a job that's pays 700,000J!" Natsu replied with a big grin showing her the job request flyer. "Let me see," Lucy said and took the flyer out of his hand. "It says that we have to find a treasure from the future I guess, and it's last seen around East Forest of Magnolia. This job seems pretty easy, and the prize money is huge too!" Lucy exclaimed. "Let's take it!"

"Alright let's go!" Natsu said happily and they both, along with Happy, ran out the guild door when "Hey Flame Brain! Where do you think you're going with Lucy," a dark blue haired boy, whose name is Gray, said. "Who're you calling Flame Brain, Ice Princess?" Natsu said and walked up to Gray.

They were now head to head with each other with aura showing around them. "Is this a fight I see?" They heard, and suddenly became frozen.

"E-Erza!" Natsu and Gray said in unison. "W-we weren't fighting at all, w-we were just checking e-each other's temperatures," Gray lied while sweat dropping on his face. "Well I like to see that you care about it each other. Now I heard that you, Happy, and Lucy were going out on a job that pays 700,000J. And I want to come too. So I can buy cake with the money," Erza said.

"Why won't we just all go? We're a team after all," Lucy interrupted. Gray cracked a smile a little at her comment with a hint of blush showing in his face.

Gray has been having a crush on Lucy for a long time now. It just kinda developed as they became greater friends. But he didn't have any courage to tell her since she only thinks of him as her partner and friend. He's always thought that she's a pure hearted and strong girl, even though she says she isn't. He cares for her a lot and vows that he'll rather die than have her feel pain. He'll rather take the pain for her.

He never knew how she became an interest to him, usually he doesn't show any interest at girls at all since they kinda drool over him. But something about her made his heart flutter. Was it the way she talks? Her looks? Her attitude? The way she smiled? He just couldn't figure it out. Then one day, he realized what made him like her.

It was her strength, her courage to never give up, the way that she never doubts her friends and that she trusts them with all heart. How she deeply cared for her friends. It wasn't her looks, it was never about her looks. Sure she has a gorgeous smile, illuminating eyes, has an amazing figure, and long luminous hair.

But that never mattered to him, he loved how she acts towards her comrades...her family. He knows that she never had a happy childhood because of her father, and her only family is the guild. And that saddened him.

"I'll make sure you'll never experience what you've experienced as a child Lucy... I promise you that," Gray thought as his gang and him arrived at East Forest. (sorry, I kinda did a timeskip without letting you guys know •~•) "Now where should we start looking?" Happy asked looking around. "I don't know, but we better find it soon so we'll get the prize. And we can buy food!" Natsu said enthusiastically.

They began searching the forest together and dug at different locations.

"We're never going to find this treasure! The only thing we know is that it's from the future, does Future Rogue have it? I thought I defeated that guy," Natsu complained. A loud grumble was then heard. "I guess you're hungry huh?" Lucy asked "Here, I kinda have some candy with me, but that's all I have." Lucy said taking a handful of candies. "You're a life savior!" Natsu said and grabbed all the candy from Lucy's hand and ate it all.

"No wait!... that was suppose to be for all of us," Lucy said too late to stop Natsu. "You didn't even share it with me! You could've saved some for you best friend," Happy said pouting. "We can't do anything about it now. Let's just start searching again," Erza suggested. "I agree, it's also getting pretty late, so I suggest we should split up," Lucy advised.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" Gray wanted to ask. "Well Happy and I will stick together, let's go Happy," Natsu said "Aye sir!" Happy replied and went along with Natsu.

"We'll I'll search the opposite of them, I'll see you guys in a bit," Erza said and left Lucy and Gray alone. Another grumble was then heard, but this time it was coming from Gray's stomach. "Wish that idiot didn't eat all that candy," he complained. "Sorry he ate it all," Lucy apologized. "Well I guess we have to search for that treasure," Gray said and Lucy nodded. They then went their separate ways.

"I really wanted to share it with you. And be careful," Lucy wanted to say to him, but she was too shy.

Lucy's POV

It's been 3 hours now since we left the guild, and we haven't found any clues on how to find it except the word 'future'. Is it actually from the future? And who would request such a thing and saying that the only clue is 'future'? Well at least it's worth it. The payment is pretty big so this treasure is probably precious.

I decided to split us up since it was taking too long to find the treasure. I wish I said to split up into groups. And it would've been Natsu, Happy, and Erza, then me and Gray. I wanted to spend more time with Gray, but if I do, Juvia would kill me. I know how she feels about him, but she doesn't know how I feel. And I don't want my feelings to get in the way of our friendship, so I decided to not spend too much time with him.

But I really do hope that the others have some kind of luck finding the treasure and are okay, especially Gray. I wouldn't know what to do if anything bad happened to him. I think I would've died. But so far, since the day we met, I'm in the friendzone with him. I don't want that to change for now, I like our friendship just the way it is.

As I searched more for the treasure, a bright light appeared behind me. "What is that?" I asked myself as I turned around. I brought my hands up to my eyes to cover it since the light was too bright. And the next thing I know, I turned to face away from the light and noticed that it past my body and covered the whole forest.

The light dimmed down a bit and I can finally see the sky, the trees, and the ground.

"I have to find the others quick," I thought and ran towards where the light shone. As I ran towards the light, I suddenly bumped into someone.

Normal POV

Everyone ran back to where they last saw each other and stopped when they arrived. "Erza, have you seen Lucy and Gray yet?" Natsu asked "No, I didn't see them running towards here," Erza replied.

"What happened to Popsicle Breath and Lucy?" Natsu asked "I can't sense their smell at all." "Then where did they go?" Happy asked. "I don't know, but I hope they'll be alright," Erza asked with a worried expression.

With Gray(POV)

When I saw the bright light, I quickly ran back to the last place I saw everyone as soon as the light died down. But as I ran, the atmosphere around me kept changing from warm to cold. "What's happening here?" I asked myself. With me being too focused on the atmosphere, I accidentally ran into someone.

☆彡。。。。。。。★彡

Done with the first chapter! So how is it? Was it good? Bad? Tell me in the comments •~•
And to all the NaLu fans reading this, and are NOTP's of Graylu, or doesn't like or hate the paring, then you're in the wrong story.

But if you're a Graylu fan, or a Graylu crackshipper, then this story is probably for you, if you like it. Anyways see you on the next one! Jā matane! ^~^