Chapter 10

Your POV

I picked one up and looked at it, are we really going to do this?

She grabbed her bag and pulled out a lighter, held it up to her cigarette and lit it, as did mine. I started smoking with her until someone else came up with us.

We turned and I was surprised to see Sayaka, Midari seemed to don't care, she turned around again and continued to see the landscape in front of us. But I inspected Sayaka, she looked more tired and as if she had recently cried.

This surprised me and confused me even more, she came up to us and stood in front of me.

"You won" she said without facial expressions. I didn't know if I could be more confused, what did I win?

"What did I win, Sayaka?" I asked, maybe this is related to why she's so down?

"What do you mean what!?" she scream. 'Wow, this is getting intense really fast' "About the president, you won!"

Oh yeah! I forgot she was her ex.

"I tried to win her heart again with flirtations, with gifts, trying to impress her... but nothing has worked" she said, her voice muffled at the end. She fell silent, clenched her knuckles as she looked down, and suddenly she ran towards me, grabbing my shoulders and looking at me with an angry expression.

"How could you steal the president's heart !?"

"Wow, wow! Why don't you stop pushing me, drop my shoulders and sit next to me? I remind you that we are on the edge of the academy" 'Wait, why did I say that!? I could have let her push me. Arg, well, it doesn't matter now'

She seemed surprised and regretful of her actions instantly after what I had told her, it seemed that she had just realized what she had done.

"Yes... sorry" she said sitting down next to me.

I touched her shoulder to get her attention, and she looked at me shyly again.

"Look, I swear I didn't want to do that, okay?" I said "That wasn't my intention at all, she fell in love with me without me doing anything"

I sighed and looked back at the landscape ahead. "Well, you probably won't have Kirari's heart again, but you'll get someone else, probably better than her"

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Well maybe just less crazy and with more heart than her, you know, she gives a Life Plan to anyone who doesn't pay their debts, I think that's a bit of a person without feelings"

She nodded, I patted her on the back to comfort her, continued to smoke and continued to talk a bit with Midari as the three of us watched the students go home.

We continued like this until I saw Yumeko, Mary and Ryota, apparently Yumeko noticed the three of us and said something to the two of them. They stopped and turned to see us, I hid my cigarette and greeted them. Midari grabbed my arm and forced me to smoke again in front of them, she was doing it on purpose, right?

When she did that, Yumeko realized what we were doing, she looked with a red glow in her eyes and said something to Mary. Mary looked at us and realized too, the two of them went inside the academy again leaving Ryota behind, to which he clumsily ran inside, trying to keep up with them.

I panicked and grabbed Midari by the shoulders. "What have you done!?" I yelled.

She looked at me confused. "What's wrong?" she answered.

"Do you know what the two of them will do to us!?"

"Heh, I guess we'll have to get out of here" she said, smiling.

She grabbed my arm, lifting me off the ground. We ran off, I almost falling to the floor again. 

"Wait for me!" Sayaka yelled behind us.

We tried to dodge Mary and Yumeko going through different paths, we almost got lost if it wasn't for Sayaka who knew all the corridors. It took a little longer because Midari wanted to go get her gun, so we had to go to Kirari's desk, finding her gun and a... You know what? You don't want to know what we found, but after all we left the academy.

We turned to see Mary, Yumeko and Ryota on the rooftop, they looked at us and we said hello, well just me and Midari. But then we ran away.

I'm sure this afternoon will be VERY fun.