"What's that," Russet calls. He is answered by a robotic voice.

"Gible, the Land Shark Pokémon. It nests in small, horizontal holes in cave walls. It pounces to catch prey that stray too close."

"Oh," Russet says. What was that voice? A Pokédex maybe? That makes the most sense. I never knew she had one. She hasn't used it before.

"Are you gonna catch it," Russet's voice continues

"Yeah," Cerise confirms. Her hand reaches to her pocket and she holds up a Pokéball. "Okay, Viz, come on- Hey where'd it go?" Sure enough, there was no longer a Pokémon in front of her. Cerise sighed. "Aww, I really wanted to catch it..."

"Maybe it used Dig," Russet offered. "Never mind that; let's just make it to the city." Just as we start walking, a figure pops out of the ground in front of us, the Gible. It smirks at Cerise before firing a swirling storm of sand at Cerise, most likely Sand Tomb.

Cerise tumbles backwards before pulling herself back up. "You wanna go," she yells. "Alright then! DEMON CHILD, I CHOOSE YOU!" She throws up a Pokéball and a small for legged figure pops out. Ribbons whip wildly around its body. Oh, that means it's her Sylveon, Fyn. I wonder why she called her 'demon child'?

The Sylveon cries as it is pelted with clay from the desert. She looks back at her trainer and seemingly yells at her. Cerise sighs.

"I know it's not the best environment out here," Cerise begins, "But could you please battle?" Fyn glares at her but still turns to the battle.

"Thanks, Fyn! Now, use Quick Attack!" There is a quick flash of silver light around Fyn before she zips off towards the Gible, a platunum streak trails her. Just as Fyn is about to make contact, the Gible disappears. Fyn stops where the Gible once stood and calls out to her trainer. Cerise is about to respond when the ground shakes and Fyn is propelled into the air.

"Just like I thought. It used Dig," Russet says. I'm pretty close to him, so trying to hear what he says isn't an issue, though that might also be contributed to the fact that the wind is dying down.

"It must be pretty high leveled," Russet continues. "At least to be around here."

"Well now I want it more," Cerise yells. "Fyn, Quick Attack again!" Fyn moves forward tentatively, obviously not trusting her trainer's choice of moves. She carries out Quick Attack twice more but again, the Gible dodges with Dig. By now the wind has died down profusely. I can see now that it it a male Gible.

Gible raises a stubby arm in in the air. The sharp claws on the end glow bright blue: Dragon Claw. It rushes towards Fyn, but like the smart Pokémon she is, she stays put. Cerise on the others doesn't realize the type advantage.

"Fyn, don't just stand there! Dodge it!" Off to my side, I hear Russet groan and Jasper laugh as he tells Peridot what is going on. I can even feel Averie snicker.

Fyn shakes her head just as the Gible makes contact. Unsurprisingly, Dragon type attack does nothing against the Fairy type Pokémon. The Gible does something of a face palm, I guess realizing his error. Cerise however still looks confused. Then she gets it.

"Oh yeah! Fairy types are immune to Dragon type moves. Well then, Fyn Quick Attack." Fyn doesn't move. I don't blame her. I can think of about five attacks that would be better.

I assume fed up with her ignorance, the Fairy type Pokémon turns and growls at her trainer.

"Well sor-ry," Cerise says. "It's not my fault you're missing..." At that, Fyn jumps towards Cerise and tackles the blonde to the ground. From the looks of it, it seems that Fyn is attacking Cerise. Cerise's screams confirm this.