"You can have them. Eat all of them."

I played with my fingers silently and took a glance at him as he walked away without tasting the food that I made for him. The manager brought the food away and just finished them alone because Jake refused to eat them.

I wanted to leave. I wanted to stay in the house instead of following him anymore. I gripped my handbag, took the key out of my bag, and walked out of the place without seeing Jake for the last time. I bid goodbye to some crews, got into the car, and spaced out for minutes.

I didn't switch on the engine at all. I felt a little bit hurt. I shouldn't be offended by everything that happened because I have already predicted that this would happen to me.

I made it just because I wanted to apologize for my mistake. I made this just because I wanted to fix our relationship as a stranger.

I knew that this would happen, but I still wanted to do it. I have already prepared myself.
I thought I would be alright. I thought I wouldn't get hurt or offended after listening to his words and seeing the way he treated me. I thought I wouldn't get hurt easily.

But it told me otherwise. It turned out to be the opposite. Honestly, it was more painful than I expected.

I wanted to be the best wife for him. I wanted to show him what I could do. I wanted to show him that I could take care of him even though it was just two months. I just wanted to show him everything that I could do for him.

But it's hard for him to see my efforts. It's hard for him to appreciate every little thing I did for him. I would be happier if he tastes the food that I made for him. I would always remember if he eats them. I would always be happy if it happens.

it seems so impossible to happen.

I drove the car with the messy thought in my head and was surprised when I received a call from Heeseung. I grabbed my earpods from my bag as it automatically connected to the phone and tried to pluck them on my ears, but it turned bad as one of them suddenly slipped from my hand.

I tried to reach my hand under the couch while my free hand was controlling the steering. As soon as I found it, my eyes widened when I suddenly pressed on the stop pedal causing my body to abruptly jerked to the front as a car crashed into me from behind hard.

My head was dizzy as it knock on the window hard causing the window to break into pieces.
I felt so much pain in my body. I wanted to stay awake but I failed. My sight was blurry and I could feel blood spill from my head.

I could see some people stop their cars around me and get off their cars to help me. My phone rang again, so I grabbed it to answer the call and ask for help, but later then, I could feel my body getting weaker.

My sight turned dark and I couldn't remember anything that happened after that.

****

I didn't know how long I have been losing my consciousness after the accident happened. My head felt so light and I couldn't move my body often.

I finally gave a response to waking up after a long time of laying on the bed. I couldn't see anything, but at the same time, I could hear some people talking to each other about me.

I was in confusion. I wanted to give a response but I couldn't open my mouth. I could hear the mess in the room. Soon after that, I recognized the voice that was calling the doctor and nurses by pressing the button while calling out for them.