Chapter 18 - Judah's First Christmas

Start from the beginning

He turned to Milo and held his arms out wide. "Better?"

Milo eyed him suspiciously. "Mercer told you about my thing for white t-shirts, didn't he?"

Judah tilted his head. "What?" Judah looked down at his shirt. "You have a thing for white t-shirts? Like guys wearing them or just the shirts themselves."

"Never mind." Milo spun around and headed for the door.

Judah ran past him and blocked his path. "Tell me. If it's something you like, I want to know about it. Then I can do it more often."

"It's nothing. I was hanging out with Ellie and a couple people, and Mercer was there, too, but I can't remember why. Anyway, we were talking about the kinds of things we liked, specifically in terms of guys."

"And lemme guess you said white t-shirts?"

"It's not really about the shirt." Milo clarified. "When I was fourteen, I went to the classic movie night at the drive-in with Ellie to see Rebel Without a Cause. I felt a lot of things for James Dean."

"I get it. I've seen that movie. He was very hot. And he had great lips."

"I think I just became like ten times more attracted to you."

Judah smiled. "Do you want me to change?"

Milo looked him over and reluctantly nodded. "If you don't mind?"

"I'd do anything for you." Judah said as he went over to switch out the shirt for a black one, also bearing his school's name. He looked like he was going to a pep rally.

As Judah returned to take Milo's hand, he said, "You know I think I have a red jacket kinda like the one he wears in that movie."

"Ha, ha. You're very funny."

Judah flashed a devilish grin. "Who's joking?"

"My head actually might actually explode if you showed up somewhere in that outfit."

Judah narrowed his eyes, seductively. "Which one?"

"Stop it!" Milo couldn't stop smiling. The muscles in his face seemed frozen that way. It made his cheeks tingle.

Judah seemed pleased by his reaction. He sighed and kissed Milo's cheek. "You're so easy to fluster."

"Let's go." Milo dragged Judah out of the room before he could make any more inappropriate jokes. "Maggie's probably having a meltdown waiting for us."

As Milo predicted, Maggie was dancing around the living room, bouncing on the balls of her feet like she had to go to the bathroom. She was even mumbling, "Come on, come on, come on."

When Maggie saw Milo and Judah, she ran to sit on the floor, right next to the pile of presents under the Christmas tree. She looked at their mother. "Can we start now? They're here."

"You know I like to get a picture of my babies in their adorable sweaters first." Mrs. McBride said. "I love that you're all matching."

Mrs. McBride ushered them to the tree and snapped about twenty pictures. Then she waved Judah over.

"Do you want me to take one of you guys?" Judah asked. He held his hand out for her phone.