57- A LIVING NIGHTMARE!

Start from the beginning

"I know." He said. "Come with me." He led us to the third row of the church and there we sat down on the pew.

"I do know a few things but I'd really love to hear from you Samantha. I'd love to be of help in anyway I can, if you'd let me, of course." He smiled. "Talk to me." I took in a deep breath and released it, drawing my jacket tightly around me. The cold was getting unbearable.

"You know, ever since you delivered to me that message that God wants to meet with Him cos He wants to tell me something, well, my nightmares have become stronger than ever." I noticed the pastor frown a little, thoughtfully, nodding as he listened on.

"You know, sometimes I feel like God is calling me to do something. But I don't know what it is." Pastor David smiled. He was almost always smiling.

"I understand, Sam. It happens when we begin our walk with God and sometimes even during our walk with God." He looked away as he recalled. "I felt like that when God was calling me into the ministry, full time. I was so confused. I didn't know how to tell my wife and most especially, I wasn't sure God was calling me.

"There were signs here and there urging me and convincing me. But in all honesty, I didn't fully understand, until I understood." I gave him a quizzical stare and he chuckled.

"Yeah, I know. Even that's confusing." He chuckled again, then said, "The truth is that, Sam, you have to spend more time with someone before you get to really know the person. So it is with God. You just have to pay attention and have faith whenever you feel his promptings or leadings. We can't see Him but we can feel Him. If you feel He's telling you to do something, have faith and do it, like Abraham did. You'll understand the why soon enough." I nodded, beaming, feeling as light as a feather. Pastor David had given me the exact words I needed. I wasn't crazy. The promptings I felt were most definitely from God. I could only prove it by having faith.

"Thank you Pastor Dave." I said. He nodded.

"Anytime, Sam. I'm a servant of God, I'm here for service, always remember that." I nodded.

"Will do." I said, getting up. "I better get going now before Theresa floods my message box or worse, sends a search party!" Pastor David laughed heartily, getting up too.

"You do that." He smiled.

"Thank you once again, sir." I curtsied, walking out of the pew.

"Sam!" Pastor David, suddenly called. "If you ever want to talk about those nightmares, don't hesitate to contact me. But aside that, take it to God in prayer." I nodded.

"Thank you sir."

"One more thing." I almost groaned, but I stopped in my tracks and turned to him.

"Yes sir?" He suddenly gave me a pitiful look, but what he said gave me the shock of a lifetime.

"Please forgive that person who hurt you."

"What?!" I yelled. "How the heck do you know that?!" Pastor Dave looked taken aback but I was literally fuming to even care.

"No, Sam. I don't know anything." He said, trying to pacify me. "The Holy Spirit just told me that someone had hurt you sometime in the past and you felt betrayed. Most probably triggering your nightmares?" I shook my head, tears threatening to spill. I felt so exposed.

"Well," I shrugged, not totally believing him. "Please tell Him to help me then." I said before running out of the church. Although, I did hear Pastor Dave utter,

"He will."

***

"What?!" I screamed. Theresa shushed me. We were all gathered in dad's study, waiting for him to get off his phone so we could leave already. It was while we sat and discussed that Theresa had said something I never thought I would hear in my lifetime.