Trapped

When Lucy awoke the next day, Natsu was sitting over her, watching her sleep. His eyes were calm and his hair was wet like he'd just come from the bath.

"What are you doing," she yelled.

"Watching you," he said.

"Why!"

"To make sure you were ok." He said it so softly it really threw her off. She almost couldn't be mad at him.

"I'm fine, you can stop staring now," she said.

Natsu smiled and stood up.

"Eat and get ready, we start training today," he said as he walked out of the cave. Lucy ate and changed into her training cloths. She met Natsu outside who was carrying a large boulder on his back. "Come on Lucy grab a rock."

"I can't do that idiot!"

Natsu put the boulder down.

"But it's easy."

"No, I'm gonna try and train my spirits," she said.

Lucy reached for her keys but they weren't there.

"Where are my key?" she said.

"I have them Lucy" Happy said. He held the keys so she could see. "Natsu asked me to take them." Lucy jumped up to grab them, but Happy flew higher.

"Give them back you stupid cat."

"Oh Lucy your so scary."

"You little..."

"Wait Lucy you don't need them yet," Natsu said.

"Why?" She sounded shocked.

"Because you rely to much on those guys. If you lose your keys your defenseless most of the time. So we're gonna train your strength," he said.

"My strength!" She'd never thought of it that before. Most of the time she would train her celestial power so she could give that strength to her spirits.

"Yea, If we train you'll be stronger in no time." He walked over to the boulder he was carrying." Alright now I want you to break this boulder in half."

"Are you kidding me!"

For next couple of weeks Natsu and Lucy trained vigorously up in the mountains. From dawn to dusk, they were training their bodies, minds, and magic capabilities. Natsu taught Lucy basic fighting techniques to protect herself. By herself, Lucy trained using her whip against large boulders to see how much damage she could do. After a month of training Natsu decided it was time to take the next step.

"Alright Lucy, lets test how much your magical have increased."

"How?"

"Use Urano Metria."

"Eh?"

"Use Urano Metria. After all this training you should be able to us it easily."

"But Natsu I can't just..."

"Yes you can I believe in you," he said. He pointed to the rocks behind him. "See if you can hit those rocks."

"But..." she started, but she couldn't deny him.

Lucy stood in front of the cave, closed her eyes and put her hands to her sides. She took slow deep breaths as she focused her magic power. With every breath she felt more power swell in her breast.

"Survey the heaves...Open the Heavens

All ye stars far and wide... shine unto me

and show me your form."

The area around her feet began to spin. Around her small orbs of light began to form and grow bright.

"O Tetrabiblios... I am the ruler of the stars.

Aspects become complete open thy malevolent gate."

The orbs of light shined brightly as the magic came to it's peak.

"88 stars of the Firmament

Shine

URANO METRIA!"

The golden light around her exploded. The orbs shot out in bright streams of light illuminating the sky. They swirled and spun thought the air until the planted themselves in their target. The rocks behind Natsu erupted into a million pieces, sending a screaming shock wave across the mountainside.

"That was amazing Lucy!" Natsu said.

"Aye Lucy your so cool." Happy said.

Lucy was breathing hard trying to regain her breath. To be honest the spell completely wiped her out, but she still smiled and said "Thank you." She was about to ask for a break when she heard more rumbling.

The ground beneath them was shaking uncontrollably. The noise grew louder and louder until Lucy wars felt like the were gonna burst.

"What is that," She said but she couldn't hear her own voice. Natsu was staring at her wide-eyed and yelling something but she couldn't make out what he was saying.

"Look ... Up?" Lucy read from his lips.

Lucy looked up and saw one of the most terrifying things of her life. A rockslide was roaring down the the mountain and headed straight for them. Lucy tried to get up but her legs were to exhausted to move. She looked up again and three boulders were falling towards her. She reached for her keys but they weren't there. Happy still had them and he was to far away to reach her.

As the shadow of the boulder stalled up her body. She thought to herself was this the end? She closed her eyes and waited for the worse when Natsu scooped her up in his arms and dived inside the cave.

Behind them the boulders crashed on the ground, sealing the entrance to the cave. As the dust settled, Lucy tried to move but Natsu was still laying on top of her.

"Hey Natsu are you ok?" She said as she put her hand on his head. When she moved it she felt something warm. She removed her hand and saw with horror that the warm feeling was blood.