After what seemed like forever Arline spoke, "I noticed earlier you were reading the minds of others, if you want I could always teach you how to control your Legilimecy."

Arline's voice was soft and very persuasive making Amelia instantly agree. They planned to have weekly lessons every Wednesday during their free period.

"And who knows maybe we could do more than just study," Arline smirked and batted her eyes. The churning in Amelia's stomach left and all was left were butterflies, her knees began to feel weak and her palms became sweaty.

She was about to continue when a Katie's breathy voice came from around the corner. Her cheeks were turning a bright pink and her hair was wild, the quidditch player was running towards Arline and Amelia.

"I have been running and yelling out for you," Katie paused to take a deep breath before continuing "And thanks to you I looked like a complete idiot when you didn't answer." Katie rested her hands on her knees as she spoke in between pants.

Arline simply rolled her eyes and Amelia snickered at her friend's horrid state, "I'm going to go, au revior."

Amelia waved goodbye still giggling at Katie. The two made their way to the Great Hall which was bursting with loud chatter. Amelia and Katie sat with the twin's and Lee, listening to the boys crack numerous jokes about Draco being a ferret. The Gryffindor table was howling with laughter as Malfoy walked into the great hall with a grim look on his face.

+

Since the date with Fred, Amelia felt much happier. Her stress had been relieved, and she felt as if she had been walking on air. As much as she wanted to it was hard to forget the staircase incident. She was not sure whether she was to tell her parents what happened. Amelia kept telling herself that she imagined it, which was a possibility as it was late at night and she was very tired. Not wanting to dwell on it too much Amelia decided to go back to reading her book on Legilimecy. Courtesy of her parents they had given her a stack of books purely based on Legilimecy. As much as she found her Legilimecy very interesting she was reading only trying to find an answer to what happened only a couple nights before. 

Amelia was in the twin's and Lee's room trying to concentrate on her book. Almost every day after dinner she would be sitting in the soft velvet armchair either chatting with her friends or reading to herself. Unfortunately, the common room was raving about Rita Skeeters latest article, Amelia only caught a glimpse of it before throwing it into the fire.

Rita ranted on and on about Harry's rebellious manner of putting his name into the tournament, while barely mentioning Cedric Diggory and misspelling the names of the Beaubaxton and Durmstrang champions. The woman was completely dreadful in Amelia's eyes, she wrote about Harry's parents which was a very sensitive topic and wrote how he had an unexplainable need for attention.

"Whisp put the bloody book down and help us with the badges," Lee yelled.

Then there were the badges that Harry had to deal with. Amelia was betting one of the Slytherins came up with the idea. Almost everyone was wearing them even a couple of Gryffindors. She would spot several Hufflepuffs wearing them, though she didn't blame them. The Hufflepuffs felt as if Harry stole their glory by rivalling against Cedric. The twins were trying to get rid of the spell that had bewitched the badges to say 'Potter Stinks' but so far they had gotten the badges to stop saying 'Support Cedric'.

"Fine,' Amelia said as she slammed her book shut, "I'm going to the library anyone want to come with me," Her eyes darted towards Fred signalling him to join her.

Fred's eyes sparkled with mischief before agreeing to come with Amelia. George Lee and Katie were far to engrossed into fixing the badges as they didn't take time to notice Fred and Amelia we're leaving the dorm walking hand in hand smiling at each other.