Traces

snug
snəɡ/
adjective
1.
comfortable, warm, and cozy; well protected from the weather or cold.
2.
(especially of clothing) very tight or close-fitting.

After arguing for half an hour about the way I eat I finally gave in and let him serve me some food instead of force feed me. He grinned as I ate with a pout on my face. Little jerk, why does he have to do this to me?

I walked our plates over to the sink and in the process I dropped a fork. I always do this, I can never keep the utensils on the plate. I put the plates in the sink and bent over to pick up the fork. My body is so sore, I need to stretch more often. Just as my fingers were brushing the handle of the fork I ended up on the other side of the room. I squeaked in surprise and my body tensed up.

"Don't offer your ass like that babe. It really turns me on". He wasn't lying I could obviously feel that it was turning him on. His hot breath was grazing the skin right behind my ear causing my body to melt. He needs to either stop, or take it all the way, because even if he can last all night while being in lust, I can't. Especially not when he's rubbing his body against mine.

"Are you about to take me Damien?" I questioned in two quick breaths.

"No..."

"Then I highly suggest you get off of me". He whined but surely backed away. He tugged at his short strands of hair and went to sit in a chair. He looked at me with heated eyes, but calm features. Slowly and sexily he pulled off his shirt. This man is going to kill me. It's official, he's trying to kill me.

"Why'd you take your shirt off?" I questioned nervously.

"I'm hot, that's part of the reason it's called heat". Maybe if I took mine off skin contact would work. I heard that just being around your mate in even a slightly intimate way can help. I awkwardly took off mine with him giving me an accusing glance.

"So are you trying to make me take you, because I'm pretty sure you want me to devour you right here, and right now". I blushed and kept my face towards the floor as I walked over to him. Every step towards him made me so nervous. Would this really help, or just make it worse? Slowly I eased myself into the chair partly over his lap. I could feel his body tense and his breathing tremble.

"I-if this is making it worse I can just go". I went to get up but he growled and held my body closer to his.

"It's fine." He rumbled out in a smooth silky voice.

"How are you so ... Calm about this?" His blue/grey eyes pierced into my green ones causing obvious discomfort. He sighed and stared into his memory. He snuggled me closer to him and kissed my forehead while still staring out into the unknown. His warm thick arms were around me keeping me safe and comfortable. I liked this, a lot.

"I may seem like a terrible man, well I am one but ... I've always cherished certain things, and a mate is one of them. Every heat I would have I would come here with a mated wolf that wasn't in heat so they could lock me in the basement". I kissed his chest trying to calm him since he looked like he was about to explode with an array of emotions. "I hated it, having to be locked up, so I stopped it. Over time I learned how to control it to an extent, and my alpha genes helped that. I've had many offers to use someone while in heat, but I wanted my first sexual heat to be spent with my mate".

I put my head down in shame. I've only had one heat, my first heat, and after that they just stopped. That heat was spent with my kidnappers, and they sure did use it to their advantage. Damien tilted my head up towards his. "Don't feel bad. I understand. Plus, it's not like I'm completely pure. I've had sex before, just never around this time. I've held it sacred".

He took in a deep breath of my scent and rubbed his nose against my neck. "I'm guessing you had no choice". I felt the pain in my chest tighten but I didn't want to cry. "It's okay baby, it didn't mean anything. Even if it did, I wouldn't want you to be in pain anyways". I brought him closer to me and listened to his heart beat it was soothing.

"How about we play some board games". I nodded my head in approval and let him get up. It was cold without his body next to mine. He came back with about five board games stacked up in his arms. "So I have Monopoly, Clue ..." I couldn't hear the rest as something odd happened.

"Come on baby, I'll teach you how to play monopoly. Daddy's busy". The board game was sitting on the small oak table and small skinny fingers were going to choose a player. A childish giggle happened ... and then I was brought back into reality.

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. Tears were running down my face and Damien rushed over to me in panic. "What's wrong! Damn it Jasper if you don't tell me what's wrong-"

"M-my mom".

"What?". I saw the confusion on his face and started to run around laughing.

"I don't know how I know, since I couldn't see anyone's faces, but I know that that was my mom. I just had a memory of my mom and I playing Monopoly. Can you believe it! My mom and me were playing Monopoly!" I was skipping around the living room smiling uncontrollably. I just remembered something, it's not hopeless! I may actually be able to remember what they look like, what they like to do, what pack I belong to.

"I'm so happy for you baby". He had a bright smile and his eyes were watering.

"Why are you about to cry?"

"I've just never seen you so happy". I giggled some more and ran over to him bending down and wrapping my arms around his neck from behind. I can't believe I remembered something.

Just as I was going back to the chair with my delighted self I shifted uncontrollably. What's going on?

______________

Question: What do you guys think is going on?