Chapter |21| Coffee and Gossip

Começar do início

"Oh so it's all about looks?" He gave me a challenging stare, to which I simply smirked.

"What can I say? My man has to be easy on the eyes, but that's not all. He has to have...other attributes." Leaning closer towards me, he flashed me a smirk and whispered sensually into my ear.

"Like what?" I glanced over at Tessa, who was busy typing away on her phone, and then back at the cocky man in-front of me.

"How about I tell you another time? My drinks are getting cold." I deliberated walking away but then quickly turned back around. "Will I see you at the ball then?"

"Why? Do you want me there?" I shivered as his hot breath fanned against my cheek, his fingers grazed the skin exposed from my short crop top.

"I don't care if you're there or not. I just like to be prepared."

"Well, I like the mystery." He trailed is hand further up, stopping just below my breast. "And the surprise, and the suspense." It one swift move, he spun me around so I was faced with his hard chest. Tipping my chin up slowly, he bent down. "Plus, it keeps things interesting. See you around Princess."

And just like that, he walked out the shop.  What the fuck just happened?

I shook my head, clutching the drinks tighter, as I walked over to Tessa. Setting the drinks down the table, she lifted her head up and gave me a sharp glare.

"What now?" I exclaimed, causing her to arch her eyebrow.

"When the hell were you going to tell me about Aaron?" I sighed. This was going to take a while.

***

"And that's it. That's our crazy story that surprisingly ends with us being friends."

"What the fuck? I mean seriously, what the fuck?" She squealed, earning a few of the grumpy customers around us to send us a glare.

"Shh, I don't want to get kicked out."

"So, you two haven't fucked?" I gave her a look.
"I mean you haven't fucked recently."

"That's right, and we won't be having sex. We're just friends." She let out an unattractive snort.

"Sure, I mean Kiara the man is a sex god. He isn't known for being just friends with women, and you aren't known for being just friends with guys too."

"What are you talking about? I'm friends with Sawyer and Tristan."

"One who you used to fuck on a regular basis and your ex boyfriend, who you are still in love with." I sighed, downing the last of my coffee, and grabbing another cookie.

"Fine maybe I don't have many friends, but with Aaron it's different. I feel like I can just be...me. With Sawyer, I have to put on this bad girl facade and act like nothing matters."

"Why though, why can you open up with Aaron but not with Sawyer?"

"I don't know, it's one of the reasons I ended things with Sawyer. Things got too complicated."

"And what about Tristan? You two used to be able to talk about anything." I shook my head. I wished things could be like that again.