Chapter 28 [Bitter reality]

Start from the beginning

"You don't know how to respect women? Right? I believe, I would have to teach you that," I breathed heavily, snatching my arm away from him,"I am tired of this. Tired of you and this toxic relationship."

"I asked something!" He roared.

"I am not answerable to you! What would you do when I will kill myself? Huh?" I chucked, picking up the knife that I had thrown.

I put the knife against my wrist in anger. 

"A free escape from you and shitty li—" 

My voice died again as my cheek was backhanded again. The knife fell on the floor and he pushed it away with his leg.

"Why are you making me angry?"

I whimpered as my face fell to the other side and started burning more with the sudden rush of blood in my frontal region. I glared at him as I looked up. He held the nape of my neck and I flinched again, fearing if he will slap me again.

"T-Th-Theo Th- Bro-Brother please s-stop. She is not at fault. Please stop h-hit-hitting h-" Mia begged meekly as her voice wobbled. She sobbed as she shook her head frantically, her hiccups increasing.

But she was cut as her brother glared at her and took one step forward in her direction. She whimpered and backed away. I had to crane my neck a little to see her.

"Mia, in your room now." He spoke viciously in his gruff voice making her whimper. She shook her head as her eyes widened.

I was ready to save her. I will not let him touch her. I promised her that I will keep her safe and I will just do that. I shook myself in his hold to pry off his hand but to no avail. Neither did he leave me nor did he avert his attention to me.

"No. Not till you listen me. Le—" she was cut again as he took one step in her direction whilst holding me. Our chests collided as I took one step in his direction. He would have to pass over my dead body to reach her.

He looked down at me and cocked his eyebrow. He looked into my eyes and glared at me venomously. The hold on my arm and neck tightened, making me hiss out aloud.

"Go back. This is your last chance, Mia. Otherwise I will punish her." He spoke in his unpleasant voice as his gaze hardened. I heard Mia retreating back as she sobbed. Her steps could be heard and they kept fading away making me feel relieved.

Atleast she was safe.

"This was not a good move, Mr. Bradford. I promised Mia, that I will not harm you but that does not mean I will tolerate this animalistic behaviour of yours. Keep your hands to yourselves next time otherwise it will not take me time to slap you back and file a case upon you in the charge of domestic abuse." I hissed as I continued trying to remove his hands. Key word is 'tried'.

He pushed me away suddenly and backed away. He put his hands in his trouser's pockets and looked at my form with scrutinizing gaze.

"And who do you think would take a chance to be my enemy?" He mocked, tilting his head.

"You are so wrong if you think you cannot loose. You will loose and fall to your face, I promise you. Remember that." I spoke as I looked into his eyes. I rubbed my arm as it hurt.

I will never forgive him. As if he would ever regret doing this and ask for forgiveness! I scoffed mentally and shook my head. 

"Mannerless man," I muttered under my breath whilst casting my eyes towards the floor. He seemed to be silently listening me. Strange of him.

"I ask you one more time, why did you slap her? Who gave you the right to hit her?" He bellowed, looking at me sharply with his vicious gaze.

"Who gave you the right to monitor her life? Who gave you the right to hit me?! " I bit out bitterly, glaring at him in disgust. He was the most barbaric person in the world. 

I bent down slightly as I felt a belt of pain strike through my lungs. Panick attack!  No, not in front of him. I would rather die than showing him that there were some things in the world which could effect me deeply. I blinked my eyes as a picture of me, beaten flashed through my mind, sending chills through my soul. 

I would never let anybody repeat what happened with me! I would never let someone hit me, not even him. 

"I'm her brother. And for you, I have all the rights on you because I'm your husband. If I want, I can slap you. If I want to have sex with you right now, I can fuck you here right here. I can do anything I want and there is nothing you can do to stop me." He whispered in my ear as he bent down, tilting his head.

Rape. No doubt, he was even capable of that but I didn't think he was that low.

"You disgust me, Mr. Bradford. I pity you and your small brain which knows nothing besides how to control women. Uh–ahan, don't you dare slap me next time otherwise it won't take me a second to send you behind the bars." I hissed as I saw him clenching his hands into fists.

"You have a liking to show your body to others, I see. Why not show it to your husband today? We are yet to consummate our wedding, afterall." He marinated in his deep voice, sending shivers through my veins. Chills crept through my body as I took a step away from him.

I gasped as I took in the meaning behind his words. My eyes widened and body shook in fear. It was true that I didn't fear him but I did fear his actions. I suddenly backed away while catching my speed and took five to six steps more away from him.

I knew, he was talking about the pictures on social media. I totally forgot about that earlier. What will happen now? What I did was right but at this moment, I can't take the risk to fight him.

He is already mad and out of his senses. I don't want to get harmed more. I will surely take my revenge but not now. This is not the right time or the right place.

"Why are you backing away? Are you afraid now? I want you to fulfill your duties right now and you will do that. I mean, you won't like if I will go and sleep with other woman, right? So fulfill my desires." He spoke as he stepped closer and started unbuttoning his shirt. Was he even serious?

I loathe this man.

My heart was thumping loudly and I was unsure if he could even heart my heartbeat. My eyes widened in fear and shock. I blinked and almost then turned and started running away for the sake of my life.

I turned and saw him standing there only where he was earlier. I ran more fast and escaped out of his vision. I pressed the plate of lift and waited till it opened. I entered and pressed the number five. I was shaking badly and my hands were cold.

I rubbed my hands together and tried to calm myself. As the lift stopped, I again pressed for ground floor. He might he there still but I can't live in this house for now. It's suffocating.

My eyes watered as I took heavy gulps of breathe. I rubbed my eyes and exited the lift while looking sideways for him. I relaxed as he was no where to be seen. I ran into parking and wobbly reached my car. In no time, engine roared and I flew away from there.

My hands shook while driving whilst my vision kept on blurring repeatedly. I tried to relax as I drove to my penthouse. Away from him.

♤■■■♤

Last chapter of 2020

Vote and comment, please!