He's a smug little shit with no manners, self important and arrogant, she reminds herself. But it's funny that none of those things matter anymore. Marinette knows that the months of eat, sleep, school, repeat were wearing on her resolve but she had to hold fast. Their truce would only last until the plane landed, she reminds. He'll go back to being an ass as soon as they're no longer forced to see each other all day every day.

The good thing is that his family seemed to be done commissioning her, they won't be seeing each other out of school again any time soon, she reminds. No more teasing Damian with his family's nicknames, no more pranks, no more bickering. No letting him walk all over her, but no feeding the argument either.

It's best to slowly drop all contact, better to be safe than sorry.

She needs to distance herself, the less interaction, the less he'll be an option to befriend. They'll fizzle out from rivals to indifferent peers and that'll be the end of it. All she has to do is last another three hours, three hours of being semi-friendly.

The two sit in silence as an hour or so ticks by, Marinette scrolling through her phone as the battery gradually goes down. Deciding to conserve battery, Marinette looks out the window. She's met with an endless expanse of blue, scattered clouds dotting the horizon.

Damian starts a conversation with her, casually bringing up her suits, how they break records with every day they aren't destroyed, she laughs.

"You guys can't be that bad, c'mon how do you even destroy a suit beyond repair like that?"

"We're dragged to the odd Gala, too many questions when we don't show. It's far easier to destroy a suit than it is my fathers disdain for being hounded about where his children are."

"So none of you like the galas?" At least one of them had to, or else why would they throw so many?

"Did you?" She looked at Damian who was facing her, she was not the gala-going-type. "Don't give me that look, how are we any different than you?"

"For one, you are a whiny brat."

"Ooh, you're slipping, not gonna call me an ass?" She rolls her eyes, shaking her head at the little taunt before she notices what he has in his lap. It was the sketchbook from the night before, open to a page with what looks like his hotel room.

"Is that a new drawing?" The girl leans forward to look.

"It is." He doesn't move to close the book, Marinette looks closer to see it was a rather high perspective.

"Where is it from?"

"My room." She looks at him, mildly annoyed. He knows what Marinette meant. "On top of the dresser."

"Cool." Marinette goes back to looking out the window when he cuts in again, asking about her work. How her 'rather poor' business plan was working out.

"That was only because I know you! And it's going well, lots of orders. I saw Selina wear the dress I made to a gala." Marinette fiddles with her hands, thinking back to her family watching TV after dinner. Marinette was sketching when she recognized Selina's voice, she was asked about her dress. Marinette's commissions doubled overnight after she said 'MDC, of course.'

"She loves it, I've unfortunately had to sit through her prattling about it." Marinette gives him a toothy grin at that.

"And, since I have you here, any notes on the suit?" Damian goes back to his drawing, sighing overdramatically- as the spoiled brat he would do before responding.

"I suppose one could call it suitable, t-" Damian stops cold at his wording, eyes shifting to Marinette as the unintentional pun clicks. Marinette bursts out laughing at the joke, Damian looks so done as she refuses to stop giggling.

"Of course you'd find that funny." He couldn't hide the way his eyes widened as his face drained of all color though, that face of realization was priceless.

"Oh- Pft, BAHAHAHA-" Another burst of laughter, someone shushes her and Marinette quiets herself. "Oh, your face!" She whispers, still laughing, "Priceless!"

"Har har, are you done?"

"No way! You punned! No one's gonna believe me!" Damian gives her an unimpressed look, waiting for her to finish.

"Okay, okay." Marinette can't hide her smile but finally stops laughing. "But you have to admit that was hilarious, I've never seen you so panicked." Marinette laughs and pokes fun for a little while longer before calming. She goes back to looking out the window, occasionally giggling because it was really funny. He punned.

Marinette spends the rest of the flight silent as she stares out the window, or on her phone. The plane lands without a hitch, Damian and Marinette stay silent as he hands her her suitcase from the overhead compartment with a smirk, everyone around them chattering about nonsense. The Parisian was itching to get home and start working on all the designs she drew up, talk to Tikki who's been silent and in hiding for the last week, see all the regulars and forget about the trip. It was fun but it served as a reminder, Rossi was still out there using her as a scapegoat and now everyone was going to know about it.

Customs was quick enough, Gotham isn't known for its tourism. Marinette's parents were waiting at baggage claim, along with parents, drivers, and Alfred. The bluenette beams when she sees her parents, Ms. Ruiz had to call them and let them know what happened but Marinette was fine. There's no need for them to look as worried as they are.

The class approaches, giving their friends hugs goodbye before heading to their guardians. Marinette gives Mr. Bernard and Ms. Ruiz a quick wave goodbye before going to hug her parents. Sabine and Tom envelop their daughter in a tight hug, Marinette's father lifting his two girls as they laugh.

Damian watches Marinette rush to her parents, trailing her suitcase along before getting lifted into a rather wholesome looking hug. The heir approaches Alfred.

"Pennyworth."

"Master Damian, how was your trip?"

"Informative, let's go." The older man takes Damian's luggage, walking towards the exit. The Dupain-Cheng's and a few others behind them, some waiting for their luggage. The boy sighs in frustration when he overhears Marinette's parents asking her if she was alright, to tell them what happened. Alfred gives Damian a look.

"Don't act like it was me!" He comments, his voice low, a scowl in place. "I'm the only reason it ended sooner than it would have." That gets him a raised brow, the entire ride home Damian could see his pseudo grandfather's looks, prying for more information in his own special way. There are no secrets in the Wayne residence.

Alfred and Damian walk into the manor, the latter could feel Alfred staring at the back of his head. He might have gotten away with knowing why Marinette was upset once but the older man wasn't going to let it slide again. Once is fine but twice means there's more to it.

"tt, don't look at me like that! I told you it wasn't me." Damian looks back to Alfred, his annoyance clear. A nosy Drake pokes his head in.

"What wasn't you?"

"Nothing, mind your own business."

"If you'll excuse me, I'll take your luggage to your room, sir." Alfred walks up the staircase, leaving Damian alone with a curious older brother. He wasn't going to let it go, there are no secrets here.

"How was the trip?"

"Boring."

"Liar."

"It's none of your business."

"What? Did she prank you? I'm gonna have to get pictures, she lives on top of her bakery right?" Damian rolls his eyes, she's even less likely to spill. Damian walks out of the room, Drake following as if he was looking for evidence of a prank, finally the teenager finds Titus sitting on his bed.

"Hello, Titus." The dog whose tail was already wagging at the sight of his person leapt into action, barking and approaching Damian for pets while the boy tried to stop him from jumping up. Damian smiles as he pets one of his best friends.

"Come on, boy, let's go on a walk." The dog gets even more excited at the rushing to grab his leash from a hook the wall, Damian leashes him before walking towards the back, ignoring Drake who eventually gives up and walks away.