Chapter 17: Old Home

Start from the beginning

"That, I-... You know, I have no idea how to explain that either." Torrent answered to Strife's question. "For all I know, they could be working with the inner circle in Siracusa or they are part of it, or both." He mused.

"That's one good explanation for it, but we can't really know for sure unless we find it out ourselves." Splinter said.

"Look, why don't we just go back to the safehouse? I'm sure the Penguins are already waiting for us there." Odpis said to them.

The four former Praetor agents agreed to the Kuranta's proposal and they soon left, with Esil telling them farewell on their way out. Odpis led her friends to the car that they used before and they went inside before she started the engine and finally left the gates of the L.G.D. headquarters.

Before they went to the semi-permanent safehouse that the Penguins are using before they left, they took a detour to where Lin Grey, the Rat King is at. Strife reported whatever is of interest to the Rat King and Torrent gave his parents' regards to him, to which he was pleasantly surprised at. After that detour, they left for the safehouse with Strife deciding to stay with them for the day.

"Sooo, anything interesting with Penguin Logistics? Well, before we left a month ago, that is." Strife asked his teammates as he sat at the back seats with Torrent.

"Very abnormal." Odpis told the Feline which confused him.

"Excuse me?" Strife questioned, not knowing what she meant.

"There weren't a lot of activity when we were last here. No bombs, no one trying to chase us down seven blocks in one night. Y'know, the usual." Splinter answered for Odpis who focused on driving. Strife hummed.

"Ahh. Yeah, that's kinda sus if you ask me." Strife mused.

"It is suspicious. It makes you think about where Capone and Gambino went after that Sauin night." Torrent said to Strife.

"Speaking of which, where are those two idiots at? Shouldn't they be doing things personally if their henchmen can't do it?" Strife asked his friends.

"Don't know, don't care. As long as they don't bother us like they did before." Odpis said.

After that, a comfortable silence ensued in the car. They went through familiar streets and even passed by the venue of the Sauin festival which has been cleaned up since then. After they took another turn, the Sarkaz cleared his throat to take the attention of his friends.

"We've been working together for years now. It's funny because I'm the only one who has not revealed his past yet." Splinter said to them, catching their full attention.

"Eh? Don't you usually just change the subject every time we bring it up? How come you're the one telling us now?" Strife questioned Splinter.

"That's way too blunt even for Torrent." Odpis commented while keeping her eye in front.

"Hah, it's alright. It's true anyways." Splinter said to Odpis as he breathed to prepare himself to reveal his past to his closest friends. "Besides, I guess it's just fair that I do this."

"You said before that you were in Kazdel when the civil war erupted there." Torrent said.

"Yes, that's true, but that's just the tip of the iceberg." Splinter replied to Torrent. "But before I continue, do you guys remember the name 'Theresa'?" He asked his friends who all seemed to go into thinking.

"Sounds familiar, but it doesn't ring a bell. How about you, Torrent?" Strife said as he turned to his seatmate.

"Same deal with me. Can't remember who she is." Torrent mused. Hearing their responses, Odpis audibly sighed.