twenty-four | goodbye

Third Person POV

It's been a dreadful five minutes of silence between the two. V had finally confessed everything from that night five years ago.

He wasn't sure how Jisoo is taking it. He continued to observe her, he watched the way Jisoo's eyes never left the ground and her body stayed still as a statue.

"Bullshit."

"Sorry what-" V asked.

"Bullshit!" Jisoo now amplified her volume.

Yes. This was it, this was exactly what V had imagined how Jisoo would react — when she would first lay eyes on him.

But no, he didn't expect this type of reaction once she knew the truth.

A hopeful part of him imagined that she would understand, that everything will make sense, and that she'd take him back into her arms.

"This is all bullshit! You were a fucking coward!" Jisoo's voice continues to rise in octaves, not minding her neighbours.

"You really expect that I would feel thankful that you did all this for me? So I can achieve my dreams? You want me to thank you for breaking my heart and losing every trust I ever had in people merely because of my career?"

"It's not that-" V tried to reason, but Jisoo continued to speak.

"Did you ever consider; all of this, all this fame... that I wanted you here? By my side to experience it all?"

"I spent years protecting my heart, because I was taught that love was just nothing but a distraction. Then you came, you knocked my walls down, one by one. I trusted you, and opened my heart to you..." Jisoo's voice cracked at the last sentence.

"You broke me. You shattered me, V."

Pain of memories and emotions that she felt five years ago, a painful memory she tried so hard to forget, all come spewing within her.

"After you, I no longer had the courage to love again. All because of the pain, the pain you put me through. I don't know if I could survive if it happens again."

V's heart clenched, he too was in pain. It hurt him knowing damn well the pain he caused her.

He wanted to walk towards her and wipe those tears away, the tears he knows caused by him and his decisions, but he knew can't. He has no right.

"I fucking knew my priorities V, I would have never given up ballet to be with you, because I knew my family needed me to succeed. But I trusted you and our relationship, that I could have achieved all of this with having you by my side." Jisoo continues, she was now a mess, her makeup has smudged off and her hair is all dishevelled.

"Have you to support me, have your shoulder to cry on, and when I felt like nothing, I would've had you, my constant person who held it down. My safe haven."

"But no, you left me." Jisoo finishes as she gasps for more air.

"Jisoo, I did this for you! I did this because I loved you, I still love you!" V's veins around his neck became apparent as his voice grew louder.

Jisoo continues to mess her hair, she wanted to throw something, she wanted to destroy something. She needed to release all the emotions that were building up inside her.

"V how dumb do you think I am?!" Jisoo yelled back.

"How can you possibly let me believe all of this when I saw you, I saw you and Jennie with my own two eyes!"

"Jennie? That was the first time I saw her that night, she was just another of those fans who were trying to get into my pants!" It was finally V's chance to further explain this misunderstanding.