007 | A Rather Cute Meeting

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Poppy." I say, getting ready to lecture her. "You should be a little more carefully with who you walk up to when you are lost. With you being blind that is seen as a weakness to some people. You never know what could have happened to you if I wasn't here." 

"I know but I panicked. I dropped the button that my big brother got me for when I get lost. I have to find him, we were suppose to get my hair dyed rainbow colors." 

Button?

Big brother? 

Wait ... rainbow colored hair?

"Poppy, how old are you?" I ask. 

"I'm 9."

Well that explains the rainbow colored hair idea. 

"Poppy, did your brother bring you to the mall with him?" I say. 

"Yes, he did." She says, lightly moving her cane across the ground. 

"I have got to find him. Can you help -"

Before Poppy could finish her question we heard loud yelling throughout the mall. 

As the yelling got closer you could hear the person yelling, "POPPY" "POPPY".

Poppy lets out a little squeal of excitement and yells back so the person can hear her. 

I smell him before he even gets right in front of us. 

The old spice body wash. 

Ace.

My whole body freezes as he runs up to us but halts as he sees his sister standing in front of me.

He clears his throat. "Poppy, I found your button. I told you to keep in your pocket."

"I know brother but you know how I get when I get excited about things. Either way it doesn't matter because I met Roseanne here and she kept me calm. She has a pretty name too."

"Roseanne, huh?" He says. 

I can feel him starring at me but I don't dare to even talk or move. 

"Yes, plus Ace get this she is blind too. I finally have a blind twin." She says, with pure happiness in her voice.

My body kinda stiffens as Poppy confirms that her brother is Ace. 

Ace is standing right in front of me. 

Ace King.

I can't help but freak out inside because he literally smells so yummy in person. 

I'm knocked out of my thoughts as I hear Ace start to talk to me. 

"Roseanne I want to thank you for being here with my sister." He says, with such affection that my body slightly shudders. 

I hear him lightly chuckle at my little body shudder. 

I try to ignore his little chuckle but for some reason I feel like he did that because he enjoys my fear. 

So I do what my scaredy-cat self always does, I try to run away from the issue at hand.

"It was no problem, she's a sweetheart." I say, my voice wobbling a little. "But I have to go. Poppy it was nice seeing you.