Chapter Two

⚠ Trigger Warning, Sad dream. ⚠

Five Hargreeves P.O.V.

(Sad dream)

"Where is Anna?" I hissed to the others. The others looked at me with eyes that were full of tears. "Where is she?" I asked, slightly raising my voice. Allison and Vanya were crying and holding onto each other for dear life, and I could see someone was lying on the small gurney in the medical ward of the academy. I tried to walk towards it to see who it was, but Luther put a stiff hand on my chest, slightly pushing me back. "Let me pass!" I growled, trying to push Luther out of the way. "You don't need to see this, Five!" Luther protested.

I had to get past him, and I knew how. I stepped away from him, kicked him where the sun didn't shine, and ran towards the gurney where my heart dropped. The person was Anna. Her eyes were closed, and she was wearing a light gray shirt and a pair of black pants with her red hair strewn all over the head of the gurney. She was as beautiful as I remembered her. But when I looked down, I saw that she had two long cuts on each of her wrists.

No... 

I looked back at her face, and I saw that death had cast its white glow over her, taking every ounce of life out of her face. My eyes started to fill up with tears as I gently lifted her head and cradled her in my arms. "Anna, please wake up!" I tearfully begged. I could feel the others try to pull me away from her, but I didn't let her go. "GET OFF OF ME!" I shouted to the others. "She's gone, Five. She's gone," Klaus sighed. "You're wrong! Anna, please wake up!"

(End of dream)

******

"No, Anna, NO!" I screamed as I woke up from the horrible dream. My heart was beating rapidly inside my chest, and I felt tears fill my eyes as the image of Anna's body reappeared inside my head. I knew that this wasn't a dream. It was a vision. And I had to get back to the present to find Anna. My best friend, the one person in the academy who I actually gave a shit about, had committed suicide in the vision. And I was worried that if I didn't find a way to get back to the present in time, Anna would be dead.

I stayed up all night coming up with a plan to get back. I kept drinking black coffee while trying to come up with the right formula to get back. But so far, I wasn't having a lot of luck. After some time, I felt like I had hit rock bottom, and there was no way I could get back. But the only thing that kept motivating me to continue looking for the right formula was the thought of seeing Anna again, and hopefully alive. I glanced out the window of the apartment, and I saw that the sun was beginning to rise.

I looked down at the small notebook that showed the different formulas I had written in black ink. My eyes quickly skimmed the pages. Please, let this work. I lightly clenched my fists and focused all my energy on trying to create the portal back to the present. The objects in the apartment were sent flying through the air and hit the walls with loud thuds. And the sound of lightning filled the room as the portal opened with a light blue light. Harsh winds blew through the apartment, and it felt like I was trapped in a hurricane. It made it almost impossible for me to walk to the portal. But after a while, I was a foot away from the portal, and I reached into the portal. And I tried to push through the main barrier.

"Come on, come on!" I shouted out. Through the portal, I could see a few people come into view, and I knew that it was my siblings, wondering what was happening. Finally, I broke past the barrier, and I fell out of the portal. Falling to the mossy ground of the backyard. The sounds of lightning had ceased, and the portal had closed behind me. "Does anyone see little Number Five, or is it just me?" I heard Klaus ask as I stood up from the ground. I looked down, and I saw that I was stuck in my thirteen-year-old body.

 "Doesn't matter, where is Anna?"