On The Run

Elsa's POV

It was late at night. Punzie was looking out the window as I kept watch on the door to make sure they wouldn't come in. She got her hair propped out so we could climb down. I was so scared, but went over to the window and climbed out. We were finally free!!! Well....for the time being at least. We got her hair down, and hid behind some trees so we could braid it back. After that, we started running as fast as we could. I still sort of remember the way to my old home. We ran so fast our feet felt like sh*t. Finally, we stopped to rest. My mind was racing, heart pounding, and hands shaking.

I couldn't believe I actually did it! It felt so weird. I had been sold around for so long that it almost felt like I had forgotten what it was actually like to be free. "So, do we have anywhere to go?" Punzie asked me. I looked over to her. "We can go back to where I grew up I guess. If my parents are there we can't. They hate me and are the only reason I was there in the first place." I said. "Oh, ok. What happens if they are there then? Where would we go?" she asked. "I don't know." I said honestly. She looked at the ground and was shaking too. "Look, I know you're scared. I am too. It's not everyday I run away from someone I was sold too, believe me. I've never ran away before." I said. She looked up at me. "Neither have I.". "It's gonna be alright. As long as we stick together." I said. "Promise?" she asked, holding out her pinky. "Promise." I responded and linked my pinky with hers. We started walking and talking. 

"So, how long were you suppose to stay?" I asked. "A month and a half I think." she said. "How long had you been there for?". "A month I'm pretty sure. I lost count after a while." I said. We talked for a bit about our past masters. "You're really somehow still a virgin?!" Punzie said shocked. "Yeah....I don't get how it's so shocking. What's so special about me?" I asked. Rapunzel just stared at me with shock. "What's so special about you?! Look at you! You're beautiful! Who wouldn't want you?". I felt so happy. I wasn't use to people giving me compliments or general respect. "Thank you. No one has called me beautiful since I left Anna.". "What do you mean?" Punzie asked. "I didn't decide to leave Anna, my parents made me. They hated me and handed me off to Eugene. Anna and I were really close when we were little, but I was taken and I haven't seen her since.". As I was talking I heard sniffling and saw Rapunzel letting out a few tears. 

"That is awful and completely unfair. How could your parents do this to you? And how did Anna take it when you left?". "Well, to be honest I don't really know. I haven't seen her since." I felt like crying but didn't want to make things worse. I have just learned in the past that my emotions don't matter, so it's best to just bottle them up.

We kept walking for at least 1 day or 2 until we finally got out of the forest. We passed by the old abandoned house and Rapunzel stopped dead in her tracks. "They're gonna come looking for us eventually you know. We are their property. Gothel will hunt us down herself, or worse, Eugene and Jack will find us first! Maybe we should just go back and spare the danger!" Rapunzel said and started walking towards the building. "What?! Are you crazy? NO!!" I whisper-yelled. I was not going to walk back in there. "We are not their property no matter what they say! We are free human beings again! Also, we would be in just as much danger if we waltzed right back in, you do understand that, right?" I explained. "Yeah, but I just haven't been free in so long that it almost feels wrong to not have a master...." her voice trailed off. "I know. I probably understand better than anyone will. I've been sold so many times that it just seems like a normal part of life at this point, but it isn't. We aren't their property to make money off of. No one is! We are free human beings that need to get to a safe place." I said. 

"Where could we possibly go that no one will just find us or take us away again?" Punzie asked. "I remember where the cottage I grew up in is. We go there, regardless if Anna left or not. It'll still make a good hideout so we can buy some time and get further away!" I explained. "That's a good idea! Ok, you're right. Let's go!" she said and with that we started walking away. I was so glad I convinced her to come with me. The true is, I really didn't want to risk the slight possibility of seeing Anna again after 10 years all alone. I felt sick to my stomach just thinking about it. At least I had Rapunzel to help me with it. 

We kept walking until we made it to the cottage. I stood in front of it, shaking. I was terrified. What if Anna was still her? Wait, why would she be? It's been 10 years. What if she forgot about me? What if she hated me? Did she blame me for leaving? Did our parents say anything bad to her about me while I was away? I think Rapunzel got the hint that I was nervous, because she grabbed my hand and told me that it was ok. I slowly walked to the door and knocked carefully. 

The door slowly opened, so someone had to have been there. Once it was open completely, and I couldn't believe the scene that was unfolding in front of me.

CLIFFHANGER HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Contrary to what you believe, I have a crazy plan for this. It may seem predictable, but I have some crazy ideas ready to add in. I'm so excited for the future of this story. Idk how long this book will end up being, but I think I'm done with the abuse scenes for the most part. I don't want to make it TO dark ya'know? 

Also, only a few hours left until Christmas!!! YAY!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE Y'ALL!!! 

Love ya Snowflakes!!!