Realization

Jack's POV

It was late at night, maybe even very early morning when I heard a noise outside. I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't sleep. I told Eugene, and we both got up and went out looking around. We didn't find anything, so went back upstairs. Eugene told me we should check on the girls. We went to their room, opened the door, and there was no one. The window was open. So that's what I heard. The window shaking in the wind. "Told you something was up." I said. "What are we gonna do now?" Eugene asked. How helpless is he? Apparently very much so. At least I had an idea of what to do. "We go out and look for them, duh." I said. "But how? They could have left hours ago!" Eugene said. What a downer. "Or they could have left 5 minutes ago, you never know. The longer we wait the harder it will be to find them. Let's just go now." I said and started walking downstairs. We left and started looking. 

"See, there are footprints. Neither of them have shoes, so we can just follow the prints and we'll find them in no time." I said completely calm. "How are you so chill during all of this? What if they tell someone about what was going on? We could be thrown in prison for abuse!" Eugene panicked as they followed the footprints.

FINALLY SOMEONE IN THIS STORY GETS THAT THIS IS AGAINST THE LAW!!!!! KIDNAPPING AND TORTURE PEOPLE!!!!! EUGENE DOES HAVE SOME COMMON SENSE AFTER ALL!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! WHO SAW THAT COMING HUH?!

"If it comes down to it, we can just turn in the manager of that place......Eugene, can I be honest with you for a second?" I said hesitantly. "Yeah sure, anything. What's up?" Eugene asked. "When I first saw Elsa in that cage, I felt bad for her. She just seemed scared and worried. I was thinking about buying her just to set her free, but then I remembered my mother, and my brain just kind of shut down. The more time I spent with her, I realized she didn't do anything to really deserve all the pain I put her through. I just have to ask, have you ever felt guilty after capturing a girl before?" I asked. I was nervous and kinda scared if he disagreed and left me or something. 

"Seriously, I thought the same thing when I got Rapunzel. I felt bad the day I took them in, and Merida to. I didn't think they deserved it either, but I needed a job to survive. They were one of the only places open, and when I asked Gothel about it, she said that they were always looking for help, so I just went with it. I really wish I never started working there in the first place. I do have a question for you though. After all this, what are we gonna do when we find the girls?" Eugene asked. 

"I think we might need to change our tune a bit. I still have quite a few questions about them though, if you don't mind." I said. Eugene smiled at me. "No it's ok, if we aren't going to be using them anymore we should try and make things a bit better." he said. As we were walking, I began asking questions.

"Ok, so it's been siting in my brain for a while, how old was Elsa when you found her?" I was a little nervous. "I think she was around 8. She was just a kid, and she wasn't really sold until she was like 13-15." Eugene explained. "Wow, she's been in there for 10 years.....kinda a lot to process. Next question, how many women are in there?" this was getting bad. "I don't have an exact number, but off the top of my head I'd have to say somewhere around 500-600 something like that." he said. Oh my god, that's a lot. I didn't know how much more new information I could handle understanding. "Alright, one more question......for now. How long have you been working there, and are you going to quit?" I asked. "I think depending on how today goes, I might quit. I was so young when I started working there. My dad worked there, and actually met my mom there to, but she was sent back after getting pregnant and I was born in there. Since I was a boy they didn't want me. They took me away from my mom and sent me to my dad after firing him. My dad died a few years later when I was 8. I survived barely for a few more years. When I was 13 I needed a job to get by, so I went back. My mother passed a few years before Gothel hired me and I've been working there ever since." Eugene explained.