The Beating Stick

Jack's POV

It still seemed strange to me, actually owning someone. Come on Jack, you can do this. How hard can it be? It's not like she's gonna fight back, her legs are even shaking right now. That kind of threw me off. If she was the so called 'favorite', then she should get better treatment. That made more sense in my brain. If she brought in SO much money in, then they should try to keep her alive longer. These people were so stupid it was giving me a headache just trying to figure out their sense of logic.

I was thinking of how long I had her for, 2 and 1/2 months. I could deal with her until then. After all, we didn't have to LOVE each other, we just needed to deal with each other. Besides, I get to punish her anyways, it would all be worth it. My vow still stands strong, and I won't break it. 

As we left the building, I felt her slow down a bit. I wondered why, but then I remembered she hadn't been outside in years. I couldn't really blame her. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be kept in the dark for that long. Surrounded by nothing but a cage in dim lighting, seeing others that were just as miserable as herself, maybe even more.

Eugene caught me on my way out. We talked for a little bit. As I saw his eyes fall on Elsa, smiling creepily at her, I felt the awful sense of being territorial fill me. I knew what he was doing, he was looking her up and down for looks. Not happening, she was mine, and I wasn't going to let someone like Eugene take her away from me so quickly. I tightened my grip on Elsa's arm, hoping she would follow my lead. Good thing she has some experience. She moved behind me. I could feel her shivering a little bit and cowering under his gaze. 

"Oh, so THIS is the one you got hmm?" Eugene said to me. Come on Jack, think of something so you can get out of here. I was honestly thinking of anything at all, an excuse to leave, something, anything at all to leave, and to get him to stop staring at what's mine. "Yeah, how could I say no?" I chuckled. The last thing I wanted was to waist more time here. We talked for a bit longer, though I wish it didn't last as long as it did. 

I finally started walking again, dragging Elsa along with me. I feel as she was falling behind a little bit. I wasn't walking TO fast, was I? No, this was my normal pace, and I'm not a very fast walker. If you ask Eugene, he think's I'm slow and need to try to keep up with him. That's when I heard her voice for the first time. 

"M-m-m-may I s-s-spe-ak ma-ma-master?" she was stuttering. She sounded absolutely terrified. I didn't think I was that intimidating, but I mean, you never know I guess. I finally settled on a response, "Yes." I stated simply. "C-c-can y-you slow d-d-d-down p-pl-please. I-I-I fe-el l-lightheaded." her voice was trembling and her legs were shaking. "Are you feeling ok?" behind all the serious exterior I had, internally I was a bit worried about her. She didn't seem very well. I mean I'm not surprised what with the treatment that they were all given in that sh*thole of a place. 

She seemed to just give up then. Elsa fell to her knees, shaking. I was holding her up by her arm. I just stared down at her, she looked so helpless."I-I-I'm s-s-s-s-sorry." she stammered out somehow. 

I just stood there for a moment, and thought of a reasonable way to get back. I picked her up and carried her the rest of the way back. I didn't think of it as softening up to her, but just as a reasonable way to get back. If she couldn't walk then why waste anymore time making her get up when walking for Elsa was clearly out of the question. 

The whole way back all I thought of my mother and my past. Was I really doing the right thing? Taking out my anger on another women that did nothing to me or knew nothing of my past? No, no, no. Stop thinking like that. Carrying her shouldn't soften you up. You bought her for a reason. Don't you dare back down now.

The good things in my life right now were Eugene, and hopefully, if she serves the purpose I want her to, Elsa. We finally made it back. When Eugene wasn't on the road for his job, we stayed together in a smaller cottage in the woods. It had 2 floors, looked a bit run down, but hey, it was still home when we had time to stay. 

We went inside, and that's when I noticed I was still carrying her. I brought Elsa upstairs and set her on a bed. "When you feel better, I'll show you around the house." I said. "O-o-ok. Ummm, c-can I ask y-you s-s-something?" her stutter was slowly drawing back, but it did linger a little bit. I think that not making her walk helped quite a bit. I want her to be at her best for what I have in store for her. 

"That depends on the question, go on." I said. I had to admit I was curious. She was mysterious without a doubt. "W-w-what's y-your name?" she asked me innocently. I did just realize that she had only called me 'master' the whole time we knew each other. I figured I would tell her my name, but if this sl*t thinks for one second that she can just call me by my name without my consent, she would be dead by dawn the next day. 

".......Jack, Jack Frost." I finally said after a long pause. I left her in the room and walked downstairs. Eugene was there waiting for me. "So, I've gotta know......what exactly are you planning to do to her?" Eugene gave me a suggestive smile. "Well, remember the old beating stick that psycho used on me?" I said. I never refer to my mother by her name, or even the title of mom. She lost that right the second she abused me. She was psychotic for wanting to do all those horrible things to me, so I was going to return the favor, with the most painful punishments I had ever received.

 Eugene's smile grew even wider. "How could I forget? Are you sure she can handle it? It's quite painful, and she's new to our way of life ya'know?" "You do realize I'm not her first master ever right? She's been there for 10 years, and she was sold 3 years ago. Besides, if she behaves, she won't have to find out if she can handle it or not." I smirked and walked over to the closet. I found the one thing I kept from my past.

The object I now possessed was fear striking from my perspective

The object I now possessed was fear striking from my perspective. It was long with a curve on the top. Specifically build to grab at you if you tried to get away. It had a jagged edge on the end to dig into your sides when you try to escape it's grasp. It was titled 'The Beating Stick' because of the marks it would leave it's victims after one beating session. I had the scars to prove it. My mother would hit me with it 6 times a day, double if I really messed up. I didn't really understand what contemplated 'messing up' but apparently I did a lot. This was only part of my punishment on a regular day, but if I fell to the ground from it, the jagged edge would dig into my sides or back, forcing me to get back up and look at my abuser. It was horrible, and exactly what I needed. If I was gonna punish Elsa, I was going to make sure that it would be so unbearably horrible that she would beg to never be punished again.

This was for another day. I wanted her to be at the top of her game again, like she was before she was trapped in there. This little b*tch was going to learn that listening to me was the only thing she could do now. Or Elsa can meet my little companion, The F*cking Beating Stick.