15| Husband

Chapter 15: Husband (Ella's POV)

He stared at me in shock with a smile tugged at his lips. 

I chuckled, "I'm teasing you." He huffed, rolling his eyes. "Where may I change?" 

"Behind the screen or the bathroom, wherever you prefer," he chuckled. 

I sat down on the foot of the bed and sighed, trying to think of how to take off my heels. 

The heels cannot come off first. The dress is too long. 

But I can't take it off on my own either. Okay, okay, okay. He took off his blazer first and then rolled up his sleeves. I stood up and grabbed my bag, taking out... 

What the hell is this? 

My mother packed this. And my mother did not pack my pajamas. She packed silk shorts, a silk top, and a silk robe set. Three of them. 

One for each night, is it? 

I looked at the silk sets in my bag, resisting a groan. 

"Is there a problem?" I snapped out of it, turning around to look at him. He stood there with his shirt unbuttoned all the way and the sleeves rolled up. I blinked multiple times, staring at his naked torso and chest. 

"Uh, I um..." I swallowed, trying to gather my thoughts and words. 

"Uh, you um? Uh, um, uhh?" he asked mockingly, walking over to me with a smirk. 

"I..." I cleared my throat, still very dumbfounded. He grabbed my wrist and I pulled it out of his grip, already feeling my cheeks growing hotter and most likely getting redder. He tried grabbing me one more time but I started moving back, letting out a chuckle. "Nick-" 

He grabbed my wrist, yanking me closer. My breath hitched in my throat while my hand flew to his chest to steady myself. "You...?" he trailed off questioningly, looking me dead in the eyes. 

"Nothing," I shook my head. 

"Are you certain?" he asked, tightening his grip around my waist and pulling me even closer. 

"I am certain," I nodded. 

"Really?" he asked, feigning confusion. 

"Well..." I started. He arched a brow at me sharply. "Almost certain," I nodded again, acting unsure. 

"I thought you were going to change," he smirked. 

"Hmm, I may need a little help," I said, narrowing my eyes at him. He leaned in but I clamped my hand over his mouth. He sighed, looking at me. "With the dress," I clarified. He sighed, nodding, and letting go of my waist. I grabbed the black silk set and turned my back towards him. 

He pushed my hair to one side before unzipping it and then opening all the buttons. "Done," he said. 

"Thank you," I sang, grabbing my pajamas in one hand while clutching onto the dress from the other before I turned to him. I walked past him and into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I stepped out of the dress and pulled on the set, looking at myself, my nose scrunching up. 

Ew. I look like one of those wives who constantly tries to seduce her husband. 

I clicked my tongue in disappointment and washed my face and then threw my hair up in a bun. I grabbed the dress and went back outside, opening the closet and hanging up the dress on a hanger. I grabbed my bag and took out my toothbrush and toothpaste, turning to go back into the bathroom but I stopped when I saw him sitting on the bed, staring at me. "What?" I groaned.