25| Team

Chapter 25: Team (Ella's POV)

We were all sitting at the dinner table, having our meal when his dad spoke up. "Ella." I looked up at him. "Tomorrow morning, whenever you will..." he trailed off suggestively. 

Take the stupid test. 

I nodded. 

"Rebecca will help you." 

"Help me?" 

You need help to pee on a stick? 

"She will just check the results. For our satisfaction," he shrugged. 

"Yes, father-in-law," I sighed, looking down at my plate. Nick nudged my leg under the table and I turned to him. He shook his head gently, rolling his eyes. I was sitting to his left so he pulled his left hand off the table, resting it on my leg while both of us continued eating in silence. 

"Goodnight," we smiled at both of them while standing up after we all finished dinner and then we headed upstairs. "Does this mean I do have to take a test?" I sighed, opening the closet door. 

"No, not necessarily," he replied. "I think she is on our team. I think she will tell my father what we ask her to," he shrugged, walking over to me. 

"And we will ask her to say the test results were negative?" 

"Yes," he sighed, putting his arms around my waist from behind. 

"This feels wrong, Nick," I mumbled, placing my hand on his. He put his chin down on my shoulder. "Lying to them." 

"What he wants to do isn't right either, Ella," he mumbled softly. 

"No, I know but..." 

He pulled back, spinning me around to face him. "Ella, this comes to you or him. And even I would always choose you. You owe it to yourself to choose yourself. To put yourself first. And I owe it to you and myself to put my family first." 

"They are your family." 

"Ella, you are my family. Later, when we have our kids, then that is what my family will be, will it not?" 

I stared at him, genuinely in awe. "How can you expect me not to fall in love with you when you say things like this?" I mumbled, looking down. 

He chuckled, "I do want you to fall in love with me, that kind of the whole point," he smirked. 

"Nick," I laughed, giving him a light push. 

He pecked my lips a few times before looking back at me. "Get changed, get comfortable." 

I grabbed my pajamas and went into the bathroom. I closed the door, changed, came back out to hang up the dress. Nick was also changed by the time I came out and then we went back in together, taking turns washing our faces and then brushed our teeth together. I turned the water off while he flicked the light switch and then we left the bathroom. "Can we watch a movie?" I asked, staring at the blank TV in front of us. We have never used it. 

"Sure, which one?" 

"The Devil Wears Prada," I grinned. 

"I like that movie, I am very glad you have good taste," he chuckled, turning the TV on and finding the movie, clicking play. 

"Of course, I have good taste. I married you." 

"Oh?" he laughed, putting an arm around me. I put my head down on his chest and we watched the movie, lulling off to sleep.