31| Planned

Chapter 31: Planned (Ella's POV)

"Shh," he said, stifling his laugh while clamping his hand over my mouth. 

We're in the library. Hiding from his father. No, this is not a joke, nor is it a game. It's the next day and for some weird reason, his father has decided that he wants to speak to us right away. Even though the logical thing was to give us time. 

"Nicholas, do not behave immaturely!" his dad's voice boomed and echoed through the library. When his footsteps got closer, Nick pulled us around this aisle and into the next. When his dad turned back around to leave, we went back to the corner of the room. "Nicholas!" his father yelled at the top of his lungs. 

I jumped at the volume of his voice, genuinely getting scared. I pulled Nick's hand down. "Jesus fucking Christ, what is wrong with-" 

He clamped his hand over my mouth again, "Shh!" he hissed, pinning me against the wall. 

I looked at his hand that was firmly placed over my mouth, leaving my nose out so I could breathe. 

He stared down at me and we both remained very still while his father's rushed footsteps echoed in the large room. My eyes clicked into place with Nick's and I felt my heart rate pick up. 

It's been doing that since last night. Picking up when our eyes meet. I think it always skipped a beat but now it just shoots up. I think. He hesitantly pulled his hand down, his eyes never leaving mine. 

"We-" 

He shot me a stern look and I closed my mouth back up. We heard the door open and then slam shut loudly. I closed my eyes, jumping again at the loud echo. We both let out a loud sigh in relief but he didn't move back either. 

"I don't know what is wrong with him," he mumbled, putting his hands on either side of me, placing them on the wall, trapping me between him and it. 

My breath hitched at the proximity and I stiffened under him. I don't know why my body is choosing now to react like this to him. Maybe it's cause we had sex, honestly. That literally brings us closer than we ever have been. But now it's all... 

My stomach is all fluttery! Again! 

"Nick, we should..." I was about to say we should get out of here. But I swallowed my words. 

He sighed, pulling his arms down and standing in front of me. 

"Let's go," I cleared my throat, pushing myself off the wall and walking around him. 

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. "You are acting differently," he said, looking at me quizzically. 

"I'm acting the same. Let's leave the library," I chuckled, walking away again but he grabbed my wrist again and pulled me back. "Nick," I huffed. 

"Ella," he said mockingly. "You are acting weird." 

"No, I'm not. You are overthinking. Let's go." I tried one more time to walk past him and get away. 

He grabbed my arm, pulling me back a little rough this time. He's already frustrated with his father, I shouldn't be pushing his buttons. 

I sighed in defeat, leaning against the wall. He stared at me in anticipation, waiting for me to talk. "I just... it's different. After last night." 

"Why? I thought you said it isn't that big of a deal?" he frowned in confusion. 

"It isn't. I'm not bothered that we did it. That's not what I'm reacting to. It's just weird that you're my husband and we never did that before. And if something isn't wrong with my head, it certainly is with my body because it is reacting very differently to you," I scoffed, staring at the floor.