14| Wedding

Chapter 14: Wedding (Nicholas' POV)

Seeing her in that dress, even though I have before... Seeing her walking down the aisle. Walking to me, I quite literally lost my breath and my senses. Which is why I said 'holy shit' out loud.

"To love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my faith," I repeated after the priest, concluding the vows.

"With the grace of God and the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife," the priest said, before giving us a final blessing.

She bit down on her bottom lip, trying not to smile and also because she was nervous. I wanted to help ease her nerves, but I was quite nervous myself. Just not enough to let myself forget that I finally get to kiss her.

She looks so beautiful, she always has every time I've seen her. I've no doubt developed a place for her in my heart and life but I've also come to develop some sort of feelings towards her and knowing that I couldn't kiss her until the wedding only tempted me to do it more. Now I finally can.

She smiled. The widest I have ever seen her smile before. And I swear to god, I nearly lost myself. There was a genuine weakness in my knees for a beat. The beat that my heart skipped.

"You may now kiss the bride."

I pulled her closer while she whispered, "Perhaps we shouldn't-" She didn't get to finish. I know she was about to say perhaps we shouldn't kiss in front of everyone. But that's what a bride and groom are supposed to do. Kiss.

I felt her arms going around my neck when my grip around her waist tightened, however, unfortunately, her mother pulled us apart before we could do so. "All right," she chuckled, turning us both to the crowd and giving us a little nudge.

I held my arm out, glancing at her and seeing her blushing as she linked her arm with mine. We walked back down the aisle, taking blessings from our elders and congratulations as well. After being congratulated numerous times and people wishing us the best with our marriage, we headed out and climbed into my car.

We were the first to be leaving. We are all heading to a garden nearby which is also owned by the church and often used for post-wedding ceremonies, parties, and wedding receptions like ours. We both didn't talk much during the short drive there. I assume we were letting reality sink in as we understood that we were now married.

Upon arriving at the garden, Ella and I climbed out, taking in the place and all the flower decorations that were arranged for us while the other guests all entered right behind us. Once we took in the sight of the place, we turned to each other. "Hello," she said, still a little shocked.

"Hello," I smiled.

Our mothers then ushered us for our first dance as the bride and groom. Once we did that and pulled away, we were pushed back together to continue dancing while many couples attending joined us. She was avoiding my gaze, I could tell. But she couldn't attempt that for much longer.

"I cannot believe we are married," she said with a small smile.

"I cannot believe I am privileged enough to call you my wife from here on," I smirked.

She stared at me, slightly surprised and shocked. "Now you are just shamelessly flirting with me," she smiled while I pulled her closer.

"What is there to be ashamed of? You are my wife," I said, giving her a small shrug.

"Need I remind you, this is an alliance," she scoffed.

I stared at her blankly. "Do not say that ever again, do you understand?"