Run Boy Run: Part Two

The next morning, Five and I wake before Vanya giving Five enough time to spatial jump us to Meritech. The place the glass eye was made. The both of us walk into the building, Five clutching the eye in his right hand, while the left gripped my own. We walk into the elevator and I shift to one side as Five presses the floor number. I peak over is shoulder and smirk. Floor five, how ironic. The elevator dings and the metal door slide open, Five and I step out only to be greeted by a man.

"Can I help you?" The man asks. I glance at his name tag and smile at 'Lance'. Five speaks before I can, holding the eye up for Lance to see.

"Do you know who this belongs to?" I nudge Five's side, smiling at the older man in front of us.

"Where did you get that?" Lance asks Five, concern lacing his voice. Five's eyebrows furrow in annoyance.

"Why do you care?" Five retorts causing me to elbow his side. With a grunt of pain, Five glances at me before sighing. "We found it. At a playground, actually. Must of just," Five clicks his tongue for effect. "Popped out." I bite my bottom lip, holding back laughter at Lance's shocked expression.

"If it's not a problem." I pipe in with false innocence. "We'd like to return it to it's owner."

"What a thoughtful young couple." The receptionist practically coos at me and Five. My gaze drifts to the floor as it suddenly becomes more interesting. If I had been paying attention, I would have noticed the red creeping up Five's neck as he glances at me.

"Yeah, look up the name for me, will ya?" Five sarcastically grins at the woman. I elbow him again, not wanting to blow our cover.

"Patient records are strictly confidential. It means I can't-" Lance begins but I cut him off annoyed with the conversation.

"We know what it means assbutt." (If you got that I will forever love you) I snarl. This time Five pulls me back with a warning look. Lance sighs at our actions.

"I can't give you a name, but what I can do is take it off your hands and return it to it's owner. I'm sure he or she will be very grateful." Lance reaches out for the eye, but I smack his hand away.

"Your not touching that eye." I growl out. Lance's eyes widen at my motion.

"Now listen here young lady-" Lance starts and I grab him by the color, yanking him down to my level.

"No, you listen asshole." I snap. "We've come a long way for this. Benn through things your pea brain couldn't even comprehend. Just give us the information we need and we'll be on our merry way." A sarcastic grin forms on my lips. "And if you call me young lady one more time, then I'm going to put your head through that wall over there." I motion to the granite wall next to us.

"Emily." Five whispers yanking me back. I slowly relax at his touch.

"Call security." Lance whispers to the receptionist. My eyes widen and I drag Five back to the elevator, quickly pressing the ground floor button.

"You got a plan B?" Five asks annoyed. I glare at him, not in the mood.

"Don't act like you wouldn't have done the same." I growl lowly. Five smirks at me.