We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals: Part One

On the 12th hour of the first day in October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth simultaneously. This was only unusual in the fact that none of these woman had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of these children as possible.

HE GOT EIGHT OF THEM

Seventeen years had passed since Five had disappeared yet it seemed as if no time had passed at all. The boy had run out after an argument with the childrens adopted father, Sir Reginald, no doubt time traveling before he was ready.. It'd been thirteen years since Number Six, Ben, had died within Number Eight's, Emily's, arms. Yet, to Emily, it seemed as if no time had passed at all.

When they were younger, Ben, Five, and Emily would enjoy their limited free time within the family library. Ben and Emily would curl up together on the couch and read the newest novels together. Five would sit cross legged upon a chair with his scientific novels. No words were exchanged between the children, the others' presence more than enough at the time. The three siblings were joined at the hip, which is why Emily considered herself lucky.

Her powers allowed her to see, speak, and touch Ben even after his death when they were sixteen. Ben had been Emily's lifeline after Five disappeared and her heart had shattered when Ben died in her arms. When it came time to bury Ben, she was the last to leave the casket. Her heart had soared when Number Four, Klaus, had summoned their dead brother and Emily could see him again. Even after all these years Emily had no idea what she would do without Ben's company.

"Crash and burn most likely." A soft grin spreads across a young teen's pale pink lips. Vibrant violet eyes shifted towards the left, catching sight of the person responsible for the reply. There Ben stood wearing his signature outfit of black jeans, a black hoodie, and a black leather jacket. Emily's lips quirk at the sight of her deceased brother, but it wasn't enough to be considered a smile.

"Would I now?" Ben chuckles and joins his sister upon the rough,white painted, stone bench. Cautious yet ecstatic eyes take a quick glance around the courtyard, making sure no outsider could catch a glimpse of the pair, before the female rests her head upon Ben's shoulder.. As the only person he could physically touch, Ben was quick to pull the girl around and into a tight embrace. A gesture that is quickly returned. "I missed you Benny."

"Missed you to flower." Ben replies holding Emily closer to his chest. The girl simply lets him, taking the chance to hide her face from the world. A hidden smile graced her lips as she inhaled Ben's natural scent. Vanilla, cinnamon, and a hint of pine.

With a hint of reluctance, Emily pulls from Ben's embrace and begins her trek back towards the mansion she grew up in. The teen struts inside the house and towards the foyer with a heavy layer of false confidence. Yet again, her lips quirk slightly as she sees Number Seven and Number Three, Vanya and Allison respectively, although she'd never admit it. Allison had a smile on her face as she pulled, a much shorter, Vanya into a tight embrace. However, the slight smile is quickly turned to a frown as Number Two, Diego, pushes past the female on his way towards the stairs.

"What is she doing here?" Diego questions Allison before turning his attention onto Vanya. "You don't belong here, not after what you did." A sigh seeps passed the young girl's lips at the accusation. Vanya had long since written an autobiography titled 'My Life as Number Seven'. Inside she gave her opinion on every member of the family as well as explaining everything about the disbanded team.

"You're seriously gonna do this today?" Allison retaliates gazing after Diego with disgust. Emily couldn't help but agree with the superstar.. "Way to dress for the occasion by the way!" Vanya's saddened gaze shifted to the floor, the tile below her feet becoming more interesting than the world around.