Run Boy Run: Part Three

(A/N: Hey guys! So I wanted to give a special shout out the first person to comment of this story! Thank you so much Ajanay312! Hope you guys have a great day/night! And please, please don't be afraid to comment. I can't interact with you if you don't interact with me!)

My mouth drops open in shock. Five loves me? I snap back as hurt flashes through Five's eyes and he looks away from me.

"Forget it." He mumbles. "I never should have said anything." A frown spreads across my features and I gently set a soft hand on Five's cheek. With slow movements, giving him plenty of time to pull away, I turn Five's head so he faced me.

"Five, look at me." I whisper quietly. With a quick shake of his head, Five ignores me and keeps his gaze down. With red cheeks, I do something I have been longing to do for a while now. I lean down and connect our lips in a soft, meaningful kiss. Five's mouth parted in shock, but I didn't take the advantage. I'm just not ready for that. When Five didn't respond, I pulled back, only to be pulled into yet another kiss. With a soft smile, I kiss back, pulling back once again after a few moments. "If you didn't know already." I breathe out. "I love you to."

"I think I see that now." Five grins before it drops as his eyes light up. I chuckle softly. He remembered something. "How do you feel about meeting Delores?" I lay my head on his shoulder and smile as he runs his fingers through my hair.

"Wherever you go, I'll follow." I quote myself from before Five left.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Was the reply.

****************************************************************

It was dark by the time Five and I made it to where Delores is kept. I look up at the department store, Gimble Brother's is what it's called. I was, in fact, aware of Delores being a manikin and was completely okay with it. I didn't blame Five, or think of him as crazy. He was alone in an apocalyptic world and needed something to put a face to the voice in his head.

"Come on." Five whispers, spatial jumping both of us inside. Five and I simultaneously grab flashlights from a nearby bin and click them on. I separate from Five, looking around the store for anything of interest. I was unsure what Delores looked like, so I decided to leave finding her to Five.

"Delores." I hear Five breathe out. Speaking of. With a small smile I walk up next to Five who shoots me a smile of his own. "Emily, this is Delores. Delores, this is Emily." Five introduces us.

"Hello Delores." I smile brightly and give the manikin a small wave of greeting. Five had spent over thirty years with her, the least I could do is be nice. I was to focused on Delores to notice the color slip from Five's face. That is, until a gun shot rings throughout the store.

"No!" Five's cry resinates in my mind as two soft, but trembling hands wrap around my waist. With a soft tug, I was pulled up against a firm chest and out of the shooter sight. My eyes peak open slightly and, despite the situation, I could feel the warmth on my cheeks. My eyes widen considerably as the bullets split Delores in half. Without a care for my well being, I jump forward and grasp Delores' top half, dragging it back towards Five with me. "Emily!" Five shouts as I do.

"Yeah?" I question, scooting next to him. With a desperate look in his eyes, Five tilts my head in all different ways, checking to see if I was hit. "Five, I'm fine." I rush out pushing Delores over to him. "I'll distract them, you run."  Without another word, or leaving anytime for a response, I run out into the line of fire, effectively drawing the shooters attention.

With a yelp, I deflect the bullets and dive behind another rack of clothing. I glance back and see Five mouth something to Delores before jumping away in a flash of blue. I run down the isle, sliding behind a wall a few rows down. I peak my head over the wall and get a close look at the shooters. One was wearing a blue, bear like child's mask. The other was wearing a pink, dog like child's mask. Both of them had professional suits on.

"Hey!" The one in the dog mask exclaims, their voice reflecting one of a female. "Watch where your going!" I smirked, knowing that my use of powers was what caused the collision.

"Me!?" The other, who's voice reflected that of a male's, argues. "You clashed into me!"

"None of you did it!" I shout in their direction, standing from my position. From the corner of my eye, I watch as Five appears a few isles away from me. His eyes widening when he sees my position. With quick thinking, Five grabs a gardening shovel and jumps next to the lady, slashing her arm before jumping away. I duck down once again and sprint away from my precious spot.

"That must of been Eight!" The woman calls. I stalled when I realize what she said. How the hell did she know my name! Well, one of them. "The one the Handler keeps talking about. Take care of her while I get Five. Shoot anything that moves." The woman orders her partner before they split. With that, Five and I began to confuse them again. He used his power to spatial jump around the store, while I used my wind to knock things over.

Soon enough, Five and I meet in the middle of the store. My eyes search the shelves frantically, unaware of the soft hand slipping into mine until I find myself back where we started. I grab Delores and help Five place her in a duffel bag, both of us watching our surroundings. When Five slung the bag over his shoulder, I took the lead. Grabbing his hand I drag him along, turning corner after corner to confuse the shooters who had seen us.

"You could jump us at any point, Five!" I shout over the gunfire. We turn another corner and Five pulls me to a stop. He wraps an arm around my waist and places his fists together.

"Shit!" Five couldn't jump. I shake my head and quickly pull him behind me as the woman looks at us. The sound of police sirens fill the air, causing the woman to turn around. Using the time, I pull Five behind the register counters.

"The bastard jumped again." The woman shouts to her partner.

"Come on, let's go." I hear the man reply before they leave. Five and I pant like no tomorrow as I let the water illusion fade. I lean my head on Five's shoulder, hair clinging to my face and neck. I reached down and intertwined our hands for comfort. With a groan, I stand from my position before yelping as pain flares in my side. My vision blurs as my legs give out. The last thing I see is a blurry Five hovering over me before my world turns black.

Five's POV

"Emily!" I shout as her brilliant violet eyes close. Her body falls limp in my arms and out of panic I spatial jump us back to the academy. Tired and stressed, I rush up the stairs, Emily in my arms. With my focus on Emily, I was unaware of Allison and Luther walking passed.

"Five?" I hear Allison call causing me to look up. Luther looks back as well before his eyes flit to the girl in my arms.

"Emily?" He questions looking at her with worry. My grip on her tightens as I nod slowly.

"What the hell happened to you two?" Allison asks her eyes wide with fear and worry. I look at the two, their dead bodies flashing through my mind, sadness taking over my features.

"Are you okay?" Luther questions, his leadership skills showing through. "Can we help?" Luther reaches out to take Emily from my arms. With quick reflexes, my commission training kicking in, I shift Emily and catch his wrist, holding it away from us.

"There's nothing you can do." I whisper looking Number One in the eyes. "There's nothing any of you can do."

(A/N: Not as good as my other chapters, but I hope you guys like it!)