Man on the Moon: Part Two

Pain. That was the first thing Emily could register. That, and the fact she was laying in a tub full of warm water, red from the dried blood that had coated her pale skin. With a soft groan, Emily opens her dull violet eyes. The action causing her headache to worsen, provoking yet another groan of pain from the girl.

Emily knew the reason for her current, soaked, position. Within seconds the bloody water surrounding her was glowing a vibrant blue as the healing properties began to heal Emily's wounds. With a relieved sigh, Emily slips her head under the water, effectively healing her head wounds and subduing her headache. 

"You piece of shit!" And that's my cue. Emily thinks as Diego's rough shout echoes around the small room, undoubtedly his living quarters. The 'teen' slips out of the bathtub and sighs in relief when she spots a pair of sweatpants neatly folded on the toilet seat, a sweatshirt having been gently set on top. Emily slips into the cloths, smiling slightly at the soft feeling, before opening the bathroom door just a bit. Luther, in his giant glamor, was holding a struggling Diego in his arms. While Five sat on Diego's bed, a worried look firmly etched on his face. "Do you have any idea what you've done?!"

"Yeah I do!" Five snaps, glaring at Diego. "Seriously Diego, the love of my life is sitting unconscious in your bathtub!" Diego's anger filled eyes soften a little at the mention of his, physically, younger sister who had been half dead when he arrived at the motel. 

"Love of your life?" Emily couldn't help but ask as she lent against the door frame, a smirk gracing her soft, light pink lips. Everyone's gaze snaps towards the girl, relief evident in their eyes. Five's dark green eyes widen slightly as he stands from his previous sitting position. With slow, uncertain steps, Five makes his way to stand in front of Emily. The world melted away for the pair as five sets a gentle hand on Emily's cheek, the girl leaning into his soft touch immediately.

"Love of my life." Five repeats in a whisper before crashing his lips onto hers. Emily immediately responds to the action, kissing back just as passionately. Five's hands come to rest on both of Emily's cheeks, while Emily's wrap around Five's neck. Behind the pair, Diego and Luther share a look, for once agreeing that the two need their time together. Sudden realization dawns upon Emily and she quickly pulls away from Five, missing the brief flashes of hurt and fear that cross his facial features.

"Patch." Emily whispers in a somber tone. Diego steps forward, but hesitates at the last moment knowing Emily won't take the news well. His slight action had sent Emily's attention towards Diego. "Diego what about Patch? She was in the motel with me. I-I heard a gunshot just before I...." Emily trails off when she seen the heartbroken look on Diego's face.

"Emily." Diego sighs softly. "Patch she... She didn't make it. Those bastards shot her." Diego's gaze hardens slightly. Emily's eyes widen as she pieces the information together.

"Hazel and Cha-Cha?" Emily questions, fear lacing her voice. Diego's eyes widen for a split second before he nods in conformation. Emily's eyes flash gold as her rage flares. "They're dead." Emily hisses as she makes for the door, hands clenched into fists. 

"Emily!" Five calls from behind her as he sets a hand on her shoulder, flinching as pain shoots through it. Emily's anger dissipates when she sees Five's reaction to her overheated skin. With her anger gone, Emily grabs Five's hand and inspects the burn.

"Shit." Emily hisses when she sees the severity of the burn. Emily grabs her water pouch from a nearby table and bends the water around Five's hand. Five hisses from the pain. "I'm s-sorry, F-Five. I'm s-s-so s-sorry!" Emily whimpers as she heals the burn, salty tears streaming down her cheeks as she does. 

"Emily." Five whispers, setting a hand on said woman's cheek. Emily just shakes her head, focusing on her work. Five pushes her hand away, the water splashing on the floor as a result. "Emily look at me." Emily shakes her head again, keeping her gaze on her trembling hands. Five notices this and takes her hands in his, remembering how they only shook when Emily was truly afraid. In this case, Emily was afraid of herself.

"I-I can't, Five." Emily whispers softly. She places a soft kiss on Five's cheek, letting it linger for a minute, then pulls away. "I love you, Five." With that Emily rushes from the room and to the only place she ever truly felt safe, the park. 

Emily plops onto a bench and rests her head in her hands as soft tears roll down her cheeks once more. The sound of footsteps echo around her as many people walk past, but one pair in particular catch her attention. Emily glances up from her hands to see a red pair of heels right in front of her. Her gaze travels up to meet those of a certain blond hair woman with perfectly painted, blood red lips. 

"Hello dear." The Handler smiles as she takes her sun glasses off. Emily's eyes widen as she scrambles backwards on the bench. The Handler tuts slightly and sits next to her. "I'm not here to hurt you dear." The Handler turns to face Emily with a smile. "As a matter of fact, I'm here to offer you a job."

Emily stares at the Handler, already knowing where this was headed. She didn't care. If going kept her family from harm then maybe it will be worth it. Emily looks the Handler dead in the eyes as she begins to speak.

"Two conditions. One, Five's termination is removed." The Handler nods in reply.

"I can do that."

"Two." Emily continues. "The apocalypse is off." The Handler sighs and puts her sun glasses back on.

"I'll see what I can do." The Handler replies kindly. Emily sighs and reaches out for the Handlers out stretched hand. In a flash the two were gone, leaving the world as if they had never been there.

Emily Hargreeves was now a member of The Commission.