The Day That Wasn't: Part One

"Ah. I should've known you two had already met." The Handler drawls as she leads Five and Emily towards the tube room. "You know, Five. It was Emily here who saved the Commission after you left." Five glances towards Emily with a raised eyebrow. Said girl just blushes and looks towards the floor. She hated how The Handler boasted about her abilities.

"Is that so?" Five question rhetorically. The Handler, not knowing it was rhetorical, opens her mouth to respond, but is cut off by Emily.

"Gloria? You in here?" Said girl calls as she steps into the tube room. She and Gloria, the tube operator, had grown a bond during Emily's time with the Commission. An old woman with grey hair pops her head out from around a corner.

"Emily, dear, is that you?" Gloria questions with a smile. Emily nods with a bright smile and rushes into Gloria's open arms. "Oh, it's so good to see you!" Emily turns back to Five and The Handler just in time to hear Five's question.

"Yeah, who was the case manager handling me?" Five stares at The Handler as she sighs and leads us towards one of the many case manager rooms. They walk towards the back of the middle row and stop in front of a particularly peppy woman named Dot.

"Five meet Dot. Dot is responsible for all apocalypse matters. As a matter of fact, it was Dot here who first flagged your appearance in 2019." The Handler informs Five, gesturing towards Dot who just smiles at Five.

"No hard feelings?" Dot questions hopefully. A scoff escapes Emily's lips at the question. "Ah. Mrs. Emily. It's a pleasure to meet you." Dot grins and Emily sighs.

"You to, Dot." Emily gives a fake smile. "I've heard many things about you." That was true. Many praise Dot for handling something as complex as the apocalypse. The Handler pulls a red file out from behind her back. Before she could hand it over, however, Emily had already snatched it from her hands. 

"I suspect you like a challenge, Five." The Handler smirks as she leads Five and Emily towards an empty desk. On top of the polished surface sits a name plate which read 'Mr. Five'. Emily holds back a snort of amusement and settles on shooting Five a smirk. "Which is why I've given you two a particularly complex first case." Emily's eyes widen when she finally notices the second name plate sitting on the desk. 'Mrs. Emily' it read.

"I thought case managers couldn't work together?" Emily questions glancing up at The Handler who nods with a tight lipped smile.

"Yes, well, I believe you and Five here will make an excellent team." The Handler informs the two 'teens'. "Seeing as you two have a very similar way of working." With this The Handler hands Five a cherry red folder, presumably holding the information on his and Emily's case. "Any who, if you have any questions, I'll be right behind you."

"Yes ma'am." Emily nods towards The Handler before snatching the file out of Five's hands and plopping onto her seat. Five gently sits next the girl, whose slight anger was very noticeable to him.

"Emily-" Five starts, but is cut off as Emily raises a single hand in front of his face.

"Not here, not now and it's The Elemental." Emily whispers softly, her anger dispersing into sadness. She had missed Five in the time she had been here and, to be quite frank, the only thing she wanted to do at that moment was kiss him. Five sighs with a nod and the two begin their assignment.