Extra Ordinary: Part Two

Third POV

The next morning was a peaceful one for the young couple as they lay in Five's bed, wrapped in each other's embrace. If Five's dark green eyes had opened in that moment, he would be woken up to the sight of a sleeping Emily, with her head resting on his chest and his arms wrapped around her waist, holding her close. Yet he didn't, no, as a matter of fact, it was Emily whose violet eyes slowly opened first.

It would have looked almost angelic if not for the fact she hadn't been facing the sun that had begun to shine through Five's window. Emily's eyes fluttered open and close for a mere second before they remained open. Violet eyes widen for a split second before realization flashes across them. As some would, Emily had momentarily forgotten where she was. 

Emily's once tense features relaxed in Five's arms as her eyes scanned the sleeping boy in front of her. Five's once kempt hair was a sleepy mess from shifting in his sleep and his facial features were a dream as some were highlighted, others shadowed, by the morning light. Emily would go as far as to say Five looked angelic in the moment, he, of course, would disagree even with him being asleep at the moment.

With a slight groan, Emily gently removes Five's arms from her waist and sits up on the small, and slightly uncomfortable, bed. With soft steps, Emily slips from the room, leaving Five to his rest. As small smile graces her lips as Emily walks into her childhood room for a change of clothes. As her wardrobe creaks open, Emily's smile slips to a frown. Her outfits only consisted of her Umbrella Academy uniform. Now, usually she would be okay with this, but she had confessed her feelings to her long time crush, who had returned them no less, and wanted to try and impress him.

To improvise an outfit for the day, Emily sneaks into Allison's old room where most of her clothes still sat. For once Emily was glad Klaus' weird obsession ended with skirts. Emily grabbed a pair of black, stretchy jeans and a black tank top for Allison's closet before returning to her room and changing.

As Emily takes a look at her outfit, she realizes how well it showed her curves and grew slightly uncomfortable. The last thing she needed was Five punching someone who had tried to flirt with her. With this in mind, Emily walks back to her wardrobe in search of something to cover herself with. I the back corner of her wardrobe, Emily finds a long forgotten flannel. 

Slipping it on, Emily walks back towards her mirror and smiles at her reflection. She would be lying if she said she didn't like the outfit. A soft knock on her door draws her attention to it. With a soft smile Emily walks over and opens the door, smiling at the boy in front of her.

"Wow." Five breaths out as he looks her up and down. Emily's cheeks turn a dark red at the gesture, earning a slight smirk from Five. Emily tucks a stray piece of hair behind her ear as she looks at Five.

"Oh!" Emily steps to the side giving Five the room to walk in. "Did you need something Five?" Five turns to face Emily with a smirk.

"How do you feel about a road trip?" Five questions Emily who sighs.

"Why do I get the feeling I'll regret this?" Emily replies as she follows Five from the comforts of her room. Five shrugs in return, not offering any condolences. They walk across the narrow hall and into Five's room. Five, having already planned this through, gestured towards the open window. "Seriously?" Emily questions.