Extra Ordinary: Part One

When my eyes slowly opened once more, I was greeted with the sight of horrible dark green walls and the sound of distant grunts. With a slight groan, I lift my head just high enough to catch a glimpse of Five. His usually neat, black hair was now a sweaty mess and his dark green eyes were filled with pain and worry. 

"F-Five?" I choke out before I'm sent into a coughing fit. When the fit slowed to a stop, my eyes reopen, having closed from the sharp pain in my chest, to see a glass half filled with water being held out to me. My gaze trails up from the glass to the person holding it. Five stood in front of me with a worried expression. With a small, soft smile, I raise a pale hand to take the cup, only for it to be pushed back down. 

"Let me help." Five whispers, placing a straw into the glass and holding it up to my dry, cracked lips. With desperate gulps, I chugged the glass within seconds earning an amused chuckle from Five. When I pulled away from the glass, my attention was focused back onto Five.

"What happened?" I question softly, my eyes meeting his. Five's skin pales and his gaze shifts to the wooden floor of his room. My eyebrows furrow in confusion. What had happened to me to cause that reaction? With a groan I pull my arms underneath my torso using them to push myself up. A cry of pain escapes my lips as my side burns causing me to fall back down. "Ow." I grunt as a soft laugh rings in my ears. With a playful glare, I turned to Five who just smiles back, but it wasn't his usual sarcastic smile. No, this one was genuine and full of love. It took a minute for me to realize the love was for me.

"You okay?" Five questions sitting on the bed near my legs. I nod my head with a toothy smile.

"I'm with you aren't I?" I tease, my grin growing as red tints Five's cheeks.

"So cute!" I hear a high pitched squeal come from next to me and snap my head in it's direction. Standing in the darkest corner, hoping to blend with the shadows, stood none other then Ben Hargreeves. I shook my head and turned back towards Five. My eyes widen when I see the close proximity of our faces. Five just smirks and leans closer, our lips barely touching. With a slight groan, I close the distance, pulling Five into a passionate kiss.

The world was ending in less then eight days if Five and I didn't stop it, but in that moment I didn't care. The only thing that mattered was the present. Not the past and certainly not the future. It was in that moment, when Five laid next to me, pulling me close. It was when I rested my head on his chest, soon drifting off due to the sound of Five's heartbeat and the calm rise and fall of his chest. It was those moments that made me realize what was important in life. Family and love. You could have all the money in the world or have everyone know your name, but nothing would beat the thrill of spending time with your family and love ones.

So I laid there, in Five's arms as I drifted off to a much needed sleep. A soft smile graced my features as this realization hit me. The world may or may not end by the end of the week, but that didn't matter to me anymore. Let the world end. As long as I'm wrapped in Five's arms and by my families side I was happy and complete.

And nothing, not even the end of the world, could take that away from me.

(A/N: Little filler chapter. Not as long as I wanted, but I also needed some fluff between Emily and Five. I hope this fills your needs and I'll see you all in the next chapter! Oh, before I go, any good ship names for Five and Emily? Don't be afraid to comment them here!)