Chapter 14

Instead of waking up to a knock on the door, I woke to the smell of food.

Sitting adjacent to the door was a cart full of breakfast options.

If I ever enjoyed waking up, it would have to be due to the fact that food was involved. I jumped out of my bed to get my hands on the delicious delicacies I had been offered.

I look on the cart and see a paper plate of waffles with a dabble of whip cream and a half cut strawberry on top. Next to it resided a bottle of syrup. On the other side of the cart were options of fruit that included: raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and grapes. And a pitcher of water with a singular cup.

I went to grab the food when I noticed a note.

It read:

Good Morning (Y/N),

I decided to leave you this plate of food as a peace offering. Sorry about the paper plate, after last night it seems best we keep the breakable ones out of your reach. Please eat up and get ready. Your guest will be waiting for you in the dining hall.

-Your groom to be

Suddenly I no longer felt like eating.

Tommy was here waiting. I was curious if he knew he would be seeing me or if he just thought his meeting was with Dream about the plans of the death match.

I ignored the cart full of food to get ready as soon as possible. I whipped open my wardrobe and put on an outfit as quick as possible.

I kept on having to remind myself that I was going to have to hurt him. Nonetheless it would still be nice to even see his face.

I quickly walked to the dining hall and so no one except Dream. "Where is he?"

He held his arm out as I approached him hinting that he was going to lead me somewhere. I didn't take it.

Dream shook his head. "Grab my arm. I will lead you to him. He no longer has clearance to be in this room so we have to meet him somewhere else."

I comply, grabbing his arm, frankly I would do anything if it meant I could see Tommy again.

I thought about his wording though. "We?"

"Yes, I will be with you. Just to make sure you say everything that needs to be said and when you are done you will need to look at me. I will nod my head if it completely satisfies me. Got it?"

I couldn't even be alone with him. My last time being able to be his best friend and we couldn't even be alone together.

He grabbed my chin forcing me to look at him "Got it?" he repeated.

"Yes sir."

He let go and we continued our walk and we approached the door and Dream led me inside.

There he was. Sitting in a chair at the table was Tommy. It was him in spite of the eye bags that now were pronounced under his eyes. It looked like he hadn't slept well in a while. He breaks from what he was thinking about to look up at Dream and I. His expression changed when he saw my arm laced with Dream's.

I am certain that Dream's idea of entering the room arm in arm was all a part of the plan to hurt Tommy and it worked.

We sat down at the table, Dream and I on one side and Tommy on the other. How symbolic.

"Hey Tommy." These were definitely not the casual words I thought I would say, but seeing him actually in front of me made everything I planned to say evaporate from my mind.

"Greetings, your majesty."

His word choice confused me more than my own, until I noticed he wasn't even talking to me. He was looking at Dream. God did the world revolve around him or something.

Dream didn't respond to his sarcastic comment that was directed at him instead he shaked my leg a little urging me to continue.

I inhaled and exhaled, this was it. "Tommy, I was informed that you challenged my fiance to a death match for my freedom. However I don't want it. I am more than content here, it is a blessing to wake up every morning to such an amazing home." The words rolled off my tongue as I said them. I practiced this speech over and over and I am sure they could tell. It lacked any real emotion as my words didn't have any real meaning.

I looked to Dream hoping that was all I had to say. He didn't look satisfied.

"(N/n)", his use of my nickname made my soul ache, "Is he making you say this? Say the word and I will kill him right here if that is what you wanted."

Dream didn't seem scared of his threat instead his body language showed he was enjoying the show.

"No he isn't making me say a word. He wanted to go through with the death match but I didn't want him to," the next part was going to kill me to say but I needed to say to them, "I didn't want to risk either losing the man I used to love and the man I love now."

Both of the statements were a lie. My love for Tommy isn't anything past tense, it was the present and it was what made tears form in my eyes. The other statement of loving Dream was another lie, I had to make him believe that I had moved on.

Tommy didn't care to fight me on the statement. He got up and left without looking back.

I didn't need to look at Dream to know he was nodding his head in satisfaction.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Sorry guys for such a long chapter, I just wanted to keep the whole dialogue on the same chapter.