Chapter 27

Dream kept to his promise and slept on the floor and to be honest I didn't feel bad about it at all. He kind of deserved the discomfort.

I spent the night mostly thinking. I was excited to get to see Tommy again and this time I was going to tell him everything. I would tell him I didn't love Dream and I did it all for him.

There is no way Dream believes I am seeing him and not telling him the truth. Hopefully by the end of the day I will be far away from here.

I thought about everything that has happened since I last saw him in my dressing room on my wedding day. From almost being shot to making a deal to save Dream's life.

Then I thought of the moment in Dream's room. I remember his touch that made me feel a way I have never felt. That moment of selfishness where I didn't care about the consequences because I just wanted to feel something. I remember his lips on my own and all over my neck.

It was barely morning and I shot up from my bed. My neck is still covered in the marks Dream had made just a night before.

How was I going to win Tommy back when I just earlier wanted to indulge myself with the man he hated?

Dream rustled up, my sudden movement waking him up.

I went over looking in the closet looking for anything that could cover up my neck. A turtleneck would be nice. I doubt any makeup was brought on this trip.

Dream's eyes followed me as I was frantically searching the closet.

"Can I help you?" he asked in a more hoarse voice than usual.

I didn't answer him as I scanned every inch of the closet looking for anything that might work.

"(Y/n)?"

"How am I supposed to meet up with Tommy with this on my neck?" I asked him, pointing at the bruises.

He got up and walked over examining them once again. He moved my hair to the front covering the marks. "See, problem solved."

I look over at the mirror and see that they were covered barely by my hair. If it is a windy day I am screwed.

"Honestly I think you should show it off. Light a fire under his ass. Maybe finally he would fight for you for a change."

I only shook my head, I didn't deserve to be fought for.

It is almost like he read my thoughts when he answered my subconscious confession. "I would have fought for you."

I didn't respond to him and I went to the fridge looking for something to settle my empty stomach. Everything will resolve when I talk to him, Dream just doesn't understand.

"We will head out to the meeting place in a couple of hours after the election."

"Thank you for letting me talk to him." And I meant it.

I scanned and found some fruit, most of the fridge was filled with things that would need to be cooked to eat and I still had no idea how to cook. I took out some raspberries and sat on a chair.

"Don't thank me yet. I am only allowing it because you aren't taking my word. Tommy doesn't care about you anymore and if what it takes is for him to tell you it himself then so be it."

I almost laughed at his false proclamation. There is no way I believe a word he is saying to me.

* * *

After we spent most of the time refusing to talk to each other it was finally time to go.

He took me on a path and led me to our destination. I double checked that my hair was still covering everything that it needed to be before I continued.

We were going further into the spruce forest.

There I saw Tommy and Wilbur standing there will defeat expressions.

We approached them and I waited as Dream nodded to Wilbur motioning for them to talk privately.

There I was left with the boy whose heart I broke.

But this time was different. Fire was burning through me as I was more determined than ever to win him back.

Okay so what I decided was I will potentially maybe write smut. But I want to finish the ACOTAR series until I feel more inspired. Yes I will put a warning of course. I don't want to feel pressured to write it right now so I might wait until I feel more confident about it haha.