Chapter 35

Dream and I sat in our seats for what felt like hours. The silence filled the air as we waited for Schlatt and Quackity to return. I was just hoping he couldn't hear the sound of my heartbeat as I anxiously waited for the fate of our relationship.

Truthfully I have never been so scared to lose something. Maybe I had been too naive and chose to believe that he wanted me and he wasn't just using me as a source of entertainment.

I heard the clanking of the doors as our hosts came back to their prior spots. They definitely took their time in finding their places which only resulted in the suspense getting worse.

He is going to choose me. He is going to choose me. He is going to choose me.

Schlatt put his firm hands on the table. "So Dream what have you decided? This absolutely breathtaking woman or the little scrawny, whiny boy?"

Schlatt really didn't know how to read the room.

Dream wasted no time in answering, his false confidence always booming in the presence of other people of power.

"She will do it."

I wanted to scream. Four words. That is all it took or maybe that is just all he thought I deserved. Every confession, every moment was nothing to him. In four words he broke my heart.

I felt like the walls were closing in on me. God how could I have been so stupid to ever think someone would actually choose me.

The hollow room echoed with laughter. Schlatt's horns swang side to side as he laughed even harder. "Gosh I just won a lot of money Dream. Stupid to my right betted you would've chosen her. Hopeless romantics am I right? But I understand you, we are similar," he stated, directing it to Dream.

Dream stood up from his chair and leaned forward, pounding his fist on the table.

"I am nothing like you. The choice was about George and Tommy's life. I chose who I believe deserves it."

Yes if you completely ignore the fact that I have to be the one that has to lure Tommy to his death. 

Dream continues, "Now if you are done I would like to take George and my wife home."

Why does he even bother calling me that anymore? 

Maybe Dream needs to understand the fact that this meeting has taught me a lot more than he knows. We don't all get everything we want.

"Ahh but Dream, she stays here."

I watch as Dream takes out a pocket knife and flings it towards Schlatt's head, barely missing. "Let me make this clear, I will not let you live a day if you force her to stay in this place ever again. She comes with me and on Friday she will do what you wanted of her."

Schlatt doesn't express that he is threatened by his near death. However, Quackity looks like he has seen better days.

I didn't need Dream to throw knives on my behalf or frankly do anything on my behalf anymore.

"I will do it on Friday or not at all."

The dictator smiled at me. "As you wish. But if you are to not show up, I will kill one of your beloved bee-loving friends. Call it a contingency."

I did not want to drag Tubbo into this mess that I have made. This world doesn't have enough good people like him.

It doesn't matter though, because I am going to make sure Tommy and Tubbo will get out of this unscathed even if it came to making a deal with that Pig man.

"Deal," I responded simply with confidence I didn't know I had.

I ignored the look I knew Dream was giving me. Maybe it was about time he realized I was fully capable of talking for myself.

The two of us were placed in a room while we waited for George to be delivered to us.

This is going to be hella awkward.