Chapter 7

I couldn't ever have pictured a room as opulent as this. I wondered who had designed it. I am sure no women lived here so it was most likely made for my arrival.

I move my eyes from the huge bed to the wooden, antique wardrobe. I excitedly moved to it in almost a skip. I opened the doors and there it revealed a ton of brand new clothes.

I skim through so many options of shirts, pants, and as I keep going it reveals a large array of dresses! I did the most obnoxious queal and for a split second I wondered why I had thought it was going to be so bad.

Then I hear a cough from behind me.

Like a river, my memory flooded back to me. I had to deal with him.

I turn around to see Dream leaning against the door with what I am guessing to be a very smug smile.

"I was worried you wouldn't like anything. But what I hear from Sapnap and that excited noise you just made, is that you seem to be impressed."

"I am only elated to know that I won't have to share a room with you," I fire back at him.

Dream takes a step into my room and closes the door behind him.

"Only temporarily. Until we are married, didn't you read any of the conditions of the contract?" he asked.

I looked away guilty. How was I supposed to confess I knew none of the rules? "No I didn't. Would you be able to give me a copy?" I said in a calm tone.

He sighed. "(Y/N), I will send someone to give you a copy but you seriously need to read every word before our dinner tonight."

"Dinner?"

"Yes, we will be having a dinner with some important representatives of both my government and Manburg's to announce our engagement." He continued with, "Oh and please wear something nice", glancing at me up and down.

Ending with that, he left. I walked towards the body length mirror and saw my torn outfit. My appearance has always mattered to me. It just hurts when someone points out your flaws too.

I hear a knock at my door. Instead of a person standing there when I open it, it only reveals a copy of the appalling contract I only signed a day ago.

I find a comfortable spot on the edge of my bed and I begin to scan the pages.

Listed were things like: sleeping in the same room when we become married, never confessing the fakeness of our relationship, and the wedding details.

I look to see what other contents of this category were. Details of who were to attend and appropriate music were listed. However when I looked to the details of the actual wedding, I saw something that made me almost throw up.